Raureka School Term 3 Week 2
Newsletter 4 August 2021
Kia ora koutou katoa, Talofa lava, Kia orana,
Term 3 has begun and we have lot's of exciting things happening.
Our school production preparation has already started with classes preparing items for the show.
Auditions have started as well and lots of children are really keen to take get one of these parts. Classes are working together and I'm really looking forward seeing the finished item.
Raureka, My Home - Ko Raureka taku kainga is planned for the 28th September (last week of the term 3).
This will include all children and will be held at Toi Toi - The Hawkes Bay Arts and Events Centre. The teachers are busy planning this exciting event for our children. If you are interested in helping with costumes, props or have a talent we don’t know about please contact Rose Doolan on 021751407.
Tickets will be sold for the event and they will be $10 each to cover the venue hire and use of sound equipment etc. Tickets will go on sale nearer the time.
This Thursday, tomorrow, our Pasifica performance group will be performing at the Toitoi Events starting at 10:00. Children will leave school around 9:15 so they can get to the centre and prepare for the performance. I'm really looking forward to seeing these children perform again.
Our Year 6 children will be spending the day at both Heretaunga Intermediate (Monday 16th August) and Hastings Intermediate (Monday 23rd August) so they can have a taster of what Intermediate will be like.
Once they have been to the Intermediates parents will be able to start making decisions about where you will decide to enrol your child. The Intermediates will have information evenings and send out enrolment information for you.
Our Juniors (Rm's 12,13, 14,15, 20, 21, 7 and 8) will have their Enduro Run on Monday 16th August, this will be run entirely at school, this will be a fun event for the children, you are most welcome to come and join in the fun.
Our Seniors (Rm's 1, 2, 4, 5, 11 and 19 will have their Cross Country on Wednesday 25th August at St Leonards Park. Parents are most welcome to come and watch this event as. Representatives from Year 4,5 and 6 are selected to enter the Inter School Cross Country on Wednesday 15th September.
Hopefully everyone is out training now for this event. The events also carry house points and we will find out which house has won the Cross Country this year.
Murray Gadd will be here on Thursday 19th August and parents are invited to come to school and find ways to help children write. This will start at 5:30 and finish at 6:30 p.m.
Hockey draw this week:
Raureka Tui play Mahora at 8:40 on Field 1C
Raureka Kowhai play Lucknow at 10:20 on Field 1C
Please meet with your team at least 10 minutes before the game starts.
- Please remember that classes start at 8:55 a.m. each day and all children should be at school, unless they are sick, ready to start then.
- Children are required to wear our correct Raureka School uniform - no exceptions. Royal blue polo-shirt $30, royal blue polar-fleece $40 are both available from the office. Shorts, skorts, skirts, longs must be plain black and can be purchased in town.
- Please remember that in case of an emergency we need to have an up to date contact number for you and for your emergency contact person, also a current address - Please let the office know of any changes.
Our four values are :
Respect/Whakaute, Responsibility/Haepapa, Resilience/Pakari, Relationships/Whanaungatanga.
This week we are focusing on - Resilience/Pakari, - which means, having the strength, courage and resourcefulness to persevere when you face challenges.
Expected behaviour for this week: growing self confidence.
Our value for Week 1 was ...
Raureka Kowhai played Taikura and won 1-0.
Players of the day were Tai and Chazaria.
Raureka Tuis played Sherenden and lost 4-0.
Player of the day was Ocean.
A Grade did not play.
B Grade played Peterhead and lost 29-17.
Player of the day was Bradley.
Raureka Magics played Mayfair and lost 2-7.
Player of the day was Aaliyah.
Raureka Force played Ebbett Park and lost 2-10.
Player of the day was Hannah.
Hello Room 4 - what have you got to share with us this week?
We ended a very busy Term 2 by celebrating Matariki with our whanau. We were able to share our Te Aranga Marae artwork that reflects part of our school pepeha.
Rm 4's tamariki have worked hard on retelling the creation story of Matariki, they have created fantastic retells!
Our Powhiri to welcome Matua Zach
- Thurs August 5 - Pacifica Festival at Toitoi
- Mon August 16 - Yr 6 Heretaunga Int visit
- Mon August 16 - Junior Enduro Run
- Tues August 17 - Ready for Raureka
- Thurs August 19 - Parent evening with Murray Gadd about Writing
- Mon August 23 - Yr 6 Hastings Int visit
- Wed August 25 - School Cross Country
- Fri 27 August Teacher Only Day- No School
- Tues August 31- Ready for Raureka
- Thurs 2 September - Barefoot 7's
- Wed 8 September- Yr 6 Tohea Trophy
- Tues 14 September Ready for Raureka
- Tues. 28 September - School Production - matinee & evening shows
- Last Day Term 3 - Fri. - October 1 Mufti Day (School Closes at 2.55)
- First Day Term 4 - Mon. - October 18 (School Opens at 8.55)
- Mon 22 Nov Teacher Only Day- No School
- Last Day of 2021 - Wed. Dec. 15 (School closes at 12.30)
School Uniform – this is compulsory. No exceptions.
All children are required to have the school royal blue polo-shirt, royal blue hat, and on colder days the royal blue polar fleece jersey. All of these are available at the school office.
The lower half of the uniform (short, longs, skorts, skirts) must be plain black and can be purchased in town No stripes, no flowers etc, can
be purchased in town.
· Do your child’s records need updating?
- moved house?
- phone/cellphone numbers changed?
- living arrangements changed?
- emergency contacts changed?
- medical details?
We often have a few ‘bugs’ around the school.
· A common one is a nasty cough/flu type illness. Keep your children home if they have symptoms of this as it spreads easily.
· If your child has had vomiting or diarrhoea, they MUST stay home for 2 days after the last event. This illness definitely spreads quickly around the school.
· Headlice are always around so make sure that you check your child’s hair regularly (we suggest weekly) and treat the hair if necessary. We have treatments available from school for free. Just pop in and we can give you some.
· If your child is at all unwell, please keep them home so that they don’t pass bugs on to other children. Also if a child is feeling unwell they are not able to learn easily and are much better off at home snuggled up in bed.
Don’t forget to contact the school office to let us know when your child is unwell please.
Volunteers needed for supervision of our school patrollers. The children are well trained, it is just a matter of having an adult supervise from 8.30-9.00. We need help on the following days - Front Gate: Wednesday, Friday, Back Gate: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday.
Ordering will be online this year.
These make fantastic Christmas Presents.