Learning is Amazing at Jane Addams
March 20, 2015
Purpose: Have solid, school-wide foundation knowledge of components in the aligned document to participate in professional learning communities discussing high quality instruction.
Why: Our JA Planning Guide Components are the foundation for high quality instruction. Having a solid foundation in the components will allow our professional conversations to move towards differentiating instruction in the next school year: What is our evidence our students have learned the information? After analyzing our assessments: How do we respond when students don’t learn the skill and how do we respond when students have already learned the skill. What resources and instructional strategies have we already identified to be effective? In order to have the highest quality conversations possible, a school wide solid foundation of the aligned document must exist.
How: We will continue to work with staff to see the alignment between our Early Release Days and our School Improvement Goals.
Our overall theme is Engagement for this school year. Under this theme the staff decided to focus on the two following Rising Star Indicators:
1. IIIA01: All teachers are guided by a document that aligns standards, curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- · What outcomes/standards are students expected to engage in? (Time to work on 11/14, 11/21, 1/16)What curriculum/materials will students engage in to meet these outcomes/standards? (Time to work on 11/14, 11/21, 1/16)
- · What instructional strategies need to be in place to provide for optimal intellectual engagement for students? (Domain 3 10/24) Engagement Strategies 8/29, 10/3, 11/7, 12/5) (Performance Tasks 12/12, 1/20)
- What assessments will be used to determine if students engaged in the outcomes/standards we determined? (Formative Assessment 9/12, 9/19, 9/26, 10/3
2. CL7: The environment of the school (physical, social, emotional, and behavioral) is safe, welcoming, and conducive to learning.
- · How can we engage students with their peers, teachers, and community to promote a positive learning environment? (Domain 2: 10/10, 10/17) (Integration 12/5)
PBIS: Overall Universal Analysis: According to research & PBIS, an effective Universal system should have the following:
80-90% of students receiving 0-1 Major
5-10% of students receiving 2-5 Major
1-5% of students receiving 6 or more majors
JA 2014-2015 School Year:
94% of students received 0-1 Major
5% of students received 2-5 Majors
1% of students received 6 or more Majors
**Based on this analysis our universal system is currently working. We always have areas to improve and refine our Universal system.