Grade 8 Social Studies G.I.A.N.T.S.
Professional Development, New Units and Resources
Recent analysis of research on the brain over the last 10 to 15 years has revealed numerous applications to the classroom. In fact, it has lead to a new field titled, "Educational Neuroscience".
This professional learning opportunity is designed to help 8th Grade Educators understand how they can apply this research to improve their instructional practices using newly designed curriculum and resources.
Each session will examine the context of the 8th grade social studies standards of U.S. History from 1791 to approximately 1890, and include the following:
- comprehensive curricular units,
- research-based instructional strategies for teaching spatial thinking through the Arc of Inquiry,
- hands-on activities,
- literacy strategies,
- custom-designed resources, and
- best practices in both formative and summative assessment
You can still join us!
Day 1 of 6
Monday, Aug. 21st, 9am-3:30pm
2413 W. Maple Ave. Flint, MI
Erwin L. Davis Education Center
- Cost: $150
- Lunch provided
- Materials provided
- Bring your own device recommended
- Laptops available if needed
- Up to 26 SCECHs available