Between the Lions
The Wright Junior High Weekly Newsletter
WELCOME TO WRIGHT JUNIOR HIGH!
Our Wright JH Admin Team
Sherryl Anthony - Assistant Principal - Alpha A-L email@example.com 832-223-6010
Shane Ameen- Assistant Principal - Alpha M-Z firstname.lastname@example.org 832-223-6012
Tiffany Hoelzel - Assistant Principal - 6th Grade email@example.com 832-223-6009
WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 27th-October 1st
WHAT TO EXPECT THIS WEEK
- Front doors will open at 7:30am. First bell rings at 8:15am. when students arrive on campus, they will go to the Gym, until they are released to class.
- Students who arrive after the 8:15am bell, will receive a Tardy. Unless they have arrived to school on a late bus.
- OPEN HOUSE - September 28th (see below)
- Hawaiian Day!!! - Tuesday, September 28th
- 8th Grade Office Aides
- Parent Volunteers
- LCISD 1/2 day - Secondary Schools ONLY - Early Release 12:15pm.
- TIK TOK Challenge - please talk with your student.
- First Six Weeks Ends - October 1st!!!
- Picture Day - October 22
- ELAR Resources
- Math Resources
- REMINDER: We are a cell phone free campus. Please leave devices at home or powered off in student backpacks.
- TARDIES have started, please talk with your student about getting to class on time.
If you haven't already, please complete the following:
- All Incoming 6th & 7th Graders - Turn in your updated immunization records.
Wright Junior High's Leaders of the Pack
Need a teacher.....
Click the teacher's name and it will open an email to that teacher.
Friday, October 1st - Secondary schools 1/2 Day
Does your student need tutorials?
For more questions about tutorials, please email your student's teacher directly.
OPEN HOUSE - TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28th
Looking for DADS to volunteer!!!
The idea of P.O.P (Protect Our Pride) is a group of fathers that want to continue to be involved in our kids education and also help out when the school needs extra hands. The goal would be a group of positive parental role models for our kids. Our main goal will be to assist with car rider line in the morning and afternoon to start off with. Please stop by the POP table at Open House to sign up!
You can also sign up HERE:
CCMR Night - October 4th!!!
Join us on October 4th for a night full of presentations, helpful information and tips from various schools and institutions. For more information, click here:http://bit.ly/3kDIPoJ
IS YOUR STUDENT LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO PLUG INTO? WRIGHT JH CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS ARE ALMOST READY TO START UP!!! BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR SIGN UPS!!!
Office Aides - 8th Graders
Any 8th Grader can apply:
Please print the form out or pick one up in the counselor office. Students MUST adhere to the guidelines and understand that Office Aide is for ONE semester.
New TIK TOK challenge
I have been informed this afternoon of a new challenge in which students are challenged to SLAP a STAFF MEMBER. Please make sure you are talking with your students about choices and why participating in this challenge would not be a wise choice.
ANY student that slaps a staff member may be faced with a 45 day ALC placement.
Wright JH is looking for Parent Volunteers!!!
Looking for a teacher's email....
WJH SCHOOL PICTURE DAY - FRIDAY, OCTOBER 22ND, 2021
ELAR Resources....does your student need reading or writing help, try these sites!!!
“Designed by educators, for educators, ReadTheory provides high quality reading comprehension practice to students of all levels.”
“ReadWorks is committed to solving America’s reading comprehension crisis and student achievement gap. Driven by cognitive science research, ReadWorks creates world-class content, teacher guidance, and integrated tools that improve teacher effectiveness and student achievement.”
Grammarly strives “to help people understand one another, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered product to strengthen their writing and say what they really mean. Our writing assistant supports clean, mistake-free writing while offering suggestions that go way beyond grammar.”
“NoRedInk builds stronger writers through interest-based curriculum, adaptive exercises, and actionable data.” Students are able to interact with sentences in meaningful ways, such as “dragging in commas, clicking words to capitalize them, throwing out unwanted punctuation, and editing parts of sentences directly whenever possible.” NoRedInk “also design exercises that have multiple correct answers, as there’s more than one way to write a sentence.”
5 Math apps to help students with their mathematical understanding and fluency
Prodigy is a free, curriculum-aligned, fantasy-based math game for kids to practice essential math skills. Prodigy is completely free to use. Prodigy Math Game is adaptive and will assign activities based on your child’s strengths and weaknesses. Best of all, there is a fabulous reporting system that will keep parents or teachers informed of progress and troublesome skill areas, so you can keep an eye on the kids’ skill development.
2.) Number Sense
Number Sense app helps children to develop fluency, speed and accuracy in arithmetic and mathematical reasoning. It does this by using an innovative method whereby players are constantly challenged to improve their skills and are motivated to practice more for continuous progress.
3.) Mental Math Cards Games & Tips
Mental Math Cards is designed to help people of all ages and skill levels improve their arithmetic abilities through easy to remember (and use) tips, practice question sets, and an addictive game. Unlike many other math apps, advanced problems are also supported to keep things challenging as your skills improve.
Photomath app can easily solve math problems by using the camera of your mobile device. Just point the camera towards a math problem and Photomath will instantly display the answers with detailed step-by-step instructions. This math problem solver app supports about 36 languages. Photomath shows beautifully animated calculation steps, just like a teacher or tutor would do in real life on a chalkboard.
5.) Khan Academy
Khan Academy is a personalized learning resource for all ages tackling math, science, computer programming, history, art history, economics, and more. Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom, in more than 40 languages.
Procedures, Remote Conferencing and Notifications!
*They will have FULL access to their Teacher's Canvas pages and a zoom link to access the designated "REMOTE CONFERENCING TEACHER- Sarah Vo - to help assist them during this temporary period.
THREE PEOPLE THAT NEED TO BE EMAILED IMMEDIATELY:
- WJH Nurse - Jessica Barber-Gonzalez firstname.lastname@example.org
- WJH Attendance - Ceciley Ortiz email@example.com
- WJH Principal - Creighton Jaster firstname.lastname@example.org
In the email please include:
- Student Name
- Grade Level
- Student ID
- Date of Confirmed POSITIVE
ONCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE STEPS ABOVE MR. JASTER WILL BE EMAILING YOU AND YOUR STUDENT WITHIN 24 BUSINESS HOURS WITH HOW YOU WILL BE SUPPORTED THROUGH THIS TEMPORARY PERIOD. During remote conferencing if you need assistance, our SILVER TRACK Remote teacher will assist you.
Here is her contact info, in case you have further questions.
Sarah Vo email@example.com
COVID Notification Emails:
WJH will continue to follow LCISD COVID Protocols by pushing out the email notifications that you are currently receiving when a positive and/or close contact case is reported by a parent. Please understand that we cannot reveal a student's identity, nor specific class, due to confidentiality. We are not contract tracing this year, so there is no quarantining. I will say, that many of these cases we are reporting are from parents doing their due diligence of reporting when their student was exposed or tested positive outside of the school. Many of these students did not even report back to campus. We appreciate these parents helping us stay as safe as possible at school. Please note, that if your child shares multiple classes with a certain student, you may receive MULITIPLE emails.
Need a school locker???
Smart Tags on the WAY!!!
Addressing concerns at Wright Junior High - Start by contacting your child's teacher directly!!
For 6th Grade concerns: please email or call Tiffany Hoelzel at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 832-223-6009
For 7th/8th Grade concerns Alpha A-L: please email or call Sherryl Anthony at email@example.com or call at 832-223-6010
For 7th/8th Grade concerns Alpha M-Z: please email or call Shane Ameen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 832-223-6012
If your student needs help, find one of the following staff members:
6) Other staff member
- School Hours: 8:15am to 3:40pm.
- For those who require early arrival, the building opens at 7:30am.
- You may enter via the main front door and proceed to the cafeteria or gyms
- Transportation: If your student will be using district transportation, please visit the LCISD Find My Bus page to get detailed route information. https://www.lcisd.org/students-parents/find-my-bus-school
- Lunches from Home: For those students bringing a lunch from home, please be aware that, per district sanitation guidelines, microwaves will not be available for student use.
- Lunch Deliveries: Wright does not accept 3rd party lunch delivers for students. No DoorDash, UberEats. GrubHub or any other type of pizza or food delivery. Only family members can deliver lunch to their student. Lunches are left at the front office with the student's name and grade. Please do not deliver fountain drinks, bottled drinks only.
- Tardies: It is important that all students get to class as quickly as possible and are in class when the tardy bell rings. Students should listen for the warning bell and get to class promptly. All students must be in the room before the tardy bell rings.
WRIGHT JUNIOR HIGH FOOTBALL
7th Grade versus Leaman JH @ Fulshear High School (B team 5:00PM/A team 6:30PM)
8th Grade versus Leaman at Wright Junior High (Randle HS) (B team 5:00PM/A team 6:30PM)
WRIGHT JUNIOR HIGH VOLLEYBALL
Wright Lions versus Reading JH at HOME
Thursday, September 30th
7th Grade - Auxiliary Gym
8th Grade - Competition Gym
5:00PM - B Team Games
6:15PM - A Team Games
PE UNIFORMS - BOYS PE & GIRLS PE
Wright JH Tutorial Schedule
Wright JH Bell Schedule
September 27th - 7th Grade Football vs Leaman at Fulshear HS
September 28th - 8th Grade Football vs Leaman at Randle HS
September 28th - Open House
September 30th - Volleyball vs Reading JH at Wright JH Gyms
October 1st - End of 1st Six Weeks
October 22nd - School Picture Day
HOW TO CONNECT AND STAY IN TOUCH WITH WHAT IS HAPPENING AT WRIGHT
- Wright JH sends weekly newsletters in a Skylert blast (email listed in your Skyward account).
- Monitor our Facebook page for daily updates.
SKYLERT INFORMATION - RECEIVING EMAILS AND TEXT MESSAGES FROM WRIGHT
- Click on Skylert, on the left side of screen
- The phone number and email address (where the arrows are indicating) must be correct
- Each box that is circled must be checked.
- You may have up to 2 emails who receives emailed notices and newsletters from Wright
- Up to 4 numbers who receive texts and/or calls from Wright