P6GC Media Center
Learn. Read. Make. Explore.
What is in the November newsletter?
- Book Fair Information
- Clean out your house: Donations Needed
- Breakfast and Books: Book Club to Movie Event
Please Support Our Book Fair
Additionally, research shows that the more access students have to books; the better their reading abilities. We hope the book fair helps bring literature into your home to spread the love of reading from our school community to your family.
Can't make it to the book fair? No problem.
Maker Space: Students are learning; check it out!
Donations Needed! Clean out your closets; help our school!
- Scrapbooking paper, punches, stickers, stamps, ink pads, etc
- Double-sided tape
- empty toilet & paper towel rolls
- brass fasteners
- clothes pins
- rubber bands
- binder clips
- rainbow looms, hooks, and bands
- craft pom poms
- pipe cleaners
- ping pong balls
- electrical wire
- felt fabric
- K'Nex sets
- Lego sets
Our literacy committee has created a #PearsonGivesThanks theme for the month of November. We are also collecting gently used children's books to donate to "Book for Africa" - a nonprofit organization that send literature to impoverished areas in Africa. We will accept donation for this project until the end of November.
Breakfast and Books: Book Club to Movie Event
Read the book. Attend a pre-release movie premier.
Then in mid-January, students will be able to attend a Pre-Release Movie Event for The Fifth Wave. More details to follow on the movie event.
When students sign up for Breakfast and Books, what do they receive?
- Their own personal copy of The Fifth Wave (to keep)
- A reserved ticket to attend the pre-premiere showing at Shakopee Marcus Theater on Thursday, January 14, 2016.
- A light breakfast on the days of the two book clubs