Charles Ellis Montessori Academy, March 22, 2021
March 22-23- Cohort A In-Person Instructional Days
March 24-26- Cohort B In-Person Instructional Days
March 24- Virtual Kindergarten Orientation
March 26- Choice Program Registration Window Closes
March 29-April 2- Spring Break!
April 5- School Council Meeting
April 5- Choice Program Waitlist Notifications Sent
April 7- PreK Program Lottery Notifications Sent
Virtual Kindergarten Orientation
School Council Meeting
Raiford Stephens (5th Grade)- "Bully Change" Animation
Rowan Wirht (5th Grade)- "Great Theft" Animation
Faye Brandt (6th Grade)- "Remy the Cat" Animation
Carter Cummings (8th Grade)- "Riverkeeper" Sequential Stills (PSA)
Cora Browne (8th Grade)- "Turning Lemons into Lemonade" Live Action
Congratulations to Carter and Cora! Their projects scored at the Superior level and they are moving on to the SCCPSS District-level GSMF, which will be judged the week of March 22nd.
Our School Needs You!
If you have been looking for a way to be more active in our school community, now is your opportunity! Our PTA Executive Leadership Board's term is complete at the end of this school year, and we need new volunteers to step up and take the helm. We are seeking nominations for 2 Co-Presidents.
The Charles Ellis PTA organizes and raises funds to provide fun and support for our school community. Fall Festival? That's PTA. Valentine's Day Treat Bags for Teachers? That's PTA. Substantial grants for Teacher Wish Lists? PTA. Shade Trees on the playground? PTA. Classroom Air Purifiers and replacement HEPA filters. PTA provided those. Bobcat Fun Run / Dance A Thon. Most definitely PTA.
Board members serve a two-year term. After several successful years of having co-presidents, the current board can tell you that many hands make light work, and that having a partner in crime is more fun.
If you would like to nominate yourself and/or a friend, please email the Nominating Committee Chair Sarah Smith: email@example.com.
PTA Nominating Committee:
Mary Britton Senseney
Your school counselor has posted some updated read-alouds and activities on the School Counseling Website. Take a look and reach out if your student needs anything.
Erdkinder participated in Career Discovery Day, hearing from representatives at Gulfstream, Georgia Ports, Savannah Tech, and Georgia Southern University. This experience gave our students first-hand accounts from several career fields right here in Southeast Georgia.
Ms. Rebecca, School Counselor
or you can message me on ItsLearning
School-Wide Grace & Courtesy Focus
The Language for Identifying/Naming the Qualities of Compassion from the "Self- Awakened Child" series by Jonathan Wolff:
- When I care about other people as I care about myself, I am feeling Compassion.
- When I see that other people are feeling hurt or sad and I do something to help them feel better, I am acting with Compassion.
Can't Connect to a Zoom Meeting? Device Running Slow?
- Clear the browser cache/cookies on a regular basis (or anytime you have connection issues) to keep your device running smoothly: Instructions for Clearing Cache/Cookies from Chrome Browser- Important: On step 3, change the time range to "All Time" instead of the "Last Hour" which is the default setting if you are clearing the cache for the first time.
- Restarting the Device: Sometimes a device needs a restart if it isn't working as it should. To do this properly, close all apps/windows/tabs and press the "Refresh" button (Circular Arrow--Top Row, fourth button from the left) and the "Power" button at the same time. The device will turn off and automatically restart.
- Shut down the device properly: We have noticed that many students just close the screen of their device to shut it down. Please get them in the habit of closing all apps/windows/tabs and holding the "Power" button down until they can select "Power Off."
Hybrid Learning Reminders
- Please place the name of your student(s) on the passenger side dashboard for morning arrival and afternoon dismissal.
- All vehicle occupants should wear masks at arrival and dismissal.
- The arrival COVID-19 assessment is on 48th Street from 7:15a.m.-7:45a.m. If you arrive later, you will need to walk your student(s) up to the front door to sign the tardy sheet and place the wrist band on your student(s) after COVID-19 assessment.
- Dismissal for car riders. Cars must travel westward from Reynolds to Habersham. Battey Avenue will not be used as an access route.
- Items cannot be dropped-off for students.
- All students returning to our school building are required to have the COVID-19 Screening Questions for Students completed and submitted by you each morning on the days they are reporting to the building.
Please use this link or the QR Code below and save this for easy accessibility each day. Siblings can be placed on one questionnaire.
Charles Ellis Night at Savannah Bananas
When: Friday, May 28th, 2021
What: Savannah Bananas game admission with unlimited hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, popcorn, cookies, soda, and water
How Much: $18 (Kids 3 and Under are free!)
Join the fun as the Savannah Bananas take on the Lexington County Blowfish! Order your all-inclusive tickets online and pick up at the game.
Gates open at 5:30pm and the game starts at 7pm.
A portion of each ticket sold at the link below will be donated to the Ellis PTA. Tickets are limited, so order today!
Order your tickets here: https://ellispta.memberhub.store/store
Ms. Ja'Dayia Coleman-Kennedy
Information Specialist Clerk
Ms. Lucy Holloway
Ms. Patricia Solomon-Brown