By Sol & Abbie
- Control Unit: Sends out signals that fetch instructions from the main memory.
- To understand these instructions.
- carry out the instructions that are fetched from main memory.
- Arithmetic & Logic Unit (ALU) : Carries out the computers calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication.
- Carries out the computer logical functional such as comparing values using IF, AND, <, > and WHILE.
- Registers: are small temporary memory locations located on the processor.
- They are used to store the data for the current instruction being processed