Why Type Correctly?
By: Natalie Craig
Why Do You Need To Type the Right Way?
There are many reasons why you need to maintain proper posture while typing. If you have a job where you type a lot throughout the day, you may develop Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a condition caused by a pinched nerve in the wrist and is common in people who have jobs that require a lot of typing. By keeping proper hand positioning, you can not only avoid problems caused by Carpal Tunnel, you can also type more quickly and with fewer errors.
- Use the raised bars on the J and F keys to help guide your fingers to their proper positions on the home row.
- Practicing for short periods of time more often can help you stay more focused.
- If you find yourself becoming less accurate in your typing, you may need to slow down. It's more important to be accurate than fast.
- Try to keep your eyes on your work. Looking back and forth between your work and your fingers can cause you to lose your place and become less efficient.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome can be reduced by typing with your wrists in a neutral position, not bent up or down.
- If your fingers get tired stretch them out so they don't cramp.