Sept. 23, 2016
IN THIS ISSUE:
The Week Ahead
- 9/27 - AVID Parent Night - 6 pm
- 9/28 - Soccer v. Webb Bridge @ home - 5 pm
- 9/29 - 6th Grade Tailgate Dance (After-School in Café)
- 9/30 - Dell Laptop Forms come home with students
- 9/30 - Soccer v. Webb Bridge @ home - 5 pm
- 9/30 - MHS v RHS Game / 8th Grade Band & Chorus Student Night @ MHS
Happy Friday Titans,
First, I want to say, "Thank you to all the parents who came out for our 6th Grade Bring Your Parent to School Day and for the Parent Technology Meetings!" We appreciate you for taking the time out of your busy schedules to join us for a day of learning. If you did not have a chance to make any of the technology meetings, we will be loading the PowerPoint presentation, documents, and FAQs on our website, the Facebook Parent-Page, and in Titan Talk by Friday, Sept. 30th.
Next week, our Technology Team will be sending home a Device User Agreement for the 2016-17 School Year (look for a bright orange packet in your child's book-bag) for parents to read, sign and return. The packet will be issued in your child’s first period class, and your child will be instructed to insert the forms directly into his or her Titan binder. Please be sure to check your child’s binder for the forms next Friday.
The packet will contain a Parent Permission and Release Page. This form must be signed and returned before your child will be issued a laptop. The Parent Permission Page is due by October 13, but we would appreciate you returning the form sooner. Please have your child return the signed form to their Advisement teacher. We recommend having your child ferry the form to and fro in their 3-ring binder, so it does not get misplaced.
Deployment day for the Dell Latitude Laptops is October 18th. We will be calling for lots of parents to help with getting ready for our deployment. We appreciate you signing-up to help us!
Kindra L. Smith, Ed.S
Elkins Pointe Middle School
Home of the Titans!
You are Invited to...
The theme this year for the Roswell Youth Day Parade is "Everybody Plays!" All EPMS students, families and teachers/staff are invited to walk behind the Elkins Pointe Youth Day Float.
- Please join us on Mimosa Street in front of the First Baptist Church at 9:30 am on Saturday, Oct. 8th to march behind the float!
- Wear comfortable shoes, your favorite Spirit-wear or a Titan blue shirt, and...a baseball cap.
- Bring a canvas tote bag and a bag of candy so you can toss sweets to the crowd!
(See pictures below the Art Attack Club making the decor for the EPMS Youth Day Float )
ONE HUNDRED PARENT VOLUNTEERS REQUESTED
ROLL-OUT Help Needed!
Elkins Pointe Middle School needs approximately 20-30 volunteers per day from 9:30 am - 12 noon and 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm on the following days:
· Thursday & Friday, Oct 6th & 7th
· Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday, Oct 11th - 14th
If you have any questions, please email Jack Gilliland at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Media Center at 470-254-8376
We have approximately 1,1100 devices to roll-out and can use all the volunteer support we can get! To Sign Up, click here or click below!
Things to Know
Saturday School Registration
The first Saturday School session will be October 1st. If you have students who need to complete assignments or can use additional instruction in Reading or Math please have them sign up for Saturday School (registrations forms are attached). Students must have a completed registration form on file before attending. Saturday School is offered from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm, snacks and sweep bus transportation will be provided (see stops on the last page).
Saturday School Dates: Oct 1, Oct 29, Nov 5, Nov 12, Feb 11, Feb 25, March 4, March 25
Japanese Welcome Ceremony - 10/6
On Thursday, Oct. 6th, EPMS will host 12 Japanese students, 2 teachers & other guests from Fukushima, Japan. The ceremony starts at 4:30 pm the Café. Johnson Sensei is asking our families to prepare an American and Japanese feast. To sign up, click here.
Things for Students
Reflections - 10/3
APP Challenge - 11/18
THE WISH LIST!
- Large bags of candy for the Youth Day Parade
- Please send candy to the front office - Attn: Youth Day Float
Clothing needed for the Clinic
- The clinic keeps clothes for accidents, etc.
- Belts and pants of all sizes, including adult sizes, and also appropriate shirts for girls and boys.
- Parents, drop off donations at the front desk. Teachers/staff, drop off donations in the clinic.
- Any items that can’t be used will be donated. Thank you!
Majorette & Dance Club!
- Donations of metal batons, a black bean bag chair, old 1" binders
- Please send donations to the attention of Dr. Duncan
- The Board Games Club is looking for board games in good condition.
- Send board games to Ms. Brady
Box Tops - Keep Clipping!
- Box Tops are due October 14th.
- Questions? Email: Julie Garrett
- Help Miss Rankin "Get the Wiggles Out!"
- For more info and to donate, click here
Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk
- Sponsor Mrs. Nessmith
- Please click here to donate
- Japanese Welcome Ceremony (10/6) click here
- School Store Volunteers click here
- 7th Grade Dance (11/15)
Things to Do...
Sign-Up for Remind
Join & Support PTSA
AT THE HIGH SCHOOL
- 9/23 @ 7 pm & 9/24 @ 3 pm & 7 pm
- Tickets: $7 in Advance and $10 at the Door
Spin with the Eagles - 10/21 (MHS vs FCHS)
- Questions, contact email@example.com
- Click on link to register: http://miltonband.org/spinwitheagles
Milton Jr. Eagles Try-Outs
- Try Outs on 9/25
- For more info: http://Jreagles.com
Need a football ticket to MHS or RHS?
IN THE COMMUNITY
Youth Aviation Adventure - 10/1 - DeKalb Peachtree Airport
Is your child interested in aviation careers, aerodynamics, airport operations and all things flight related? The YAA event is open to 12 -18 year olds. Cost: $12, includes lunch. Click here to register.
Free College Financial Planning Night -10/3 @ 6:30 pm
- Alpharetta Library: 10 Park Plaza, Alpharetta, GA 30009
- Register online: MyLocalWorkshop.org with RSVP Code: 66795
Questions About the College Admissions Process? - Free Workshop - 10/23 @ 2:30 pm
- Diane Cohen, CEO of College Process Consulting, will give a two hour crash course in navigating the college admissions process to high school students and their parents
- For more info and to reserve place, email Michael Salpeter or call 404-613-6735
- Athletic Extramural/Intramural Schedule
- Athletic Concussion Awareness Form
- Athletic Permission Form
- Athletic Physical Form
- Bell Schedule
- Bus Info
- Calendar-at-a-Glance (dates subject to change)
- Clinic Forms
- Code of Conduct On-Line Form
- Code of Conduct for Students
- Extramural Schedule
- FCS Testing Dates 2016-17
- FCS Volunteer Registration
- Safety Guidelines: Dismissal
- Safety Map: Dismissal
- Saturday School Form (English)
- Saturday School Form (Spanish)
- STAR House (English)
- STAR House (Spanish)
- Student Travel Procedure
- Supply List
Coming in October...
- October is Parent/Teacher Conference Month
- 10/1 - Saturday School (8:30am-12:30pm)
- 10/3 - Reflections Due (front office by 4 pm)
- 10/3 - Band Fundraiser Starts
- 10/3 - Free College Financial Planning Night
- 10/6 - Fall Picture Retake
- 10/6 - Roll-Out Helpers @ 9:30am & 12:30pm (Media Center)
- 10/6 - Japanese Welcome Ceremony
- 10/7 - Wear College Swag
- 10/7 - Roll-Out Helpers @ 9:30am & 12:30pm (Media Center)
- 10/8 - Youth Day Parade - March with the EPMS Float @ 9:30am
- 10/11 - Roll-Out Helpers @ 9:30am & 12:30pm (Media Center)
- 10/12 - Roll-Out Helpers @ 9:30am & 12:30pm (Media Center)
- 10/13 - Roll-Out Helpers @ 9:30am & 12:30pm (Media Center)
- 10/13 - Dell Latitude Laptop Permission Froms Due Back
- 10/14 - Roll-Out Helpers @ 9:30am & 12:30pm (Media Center)
- 10/14 - Box Tops Due
- 10/18 - Dell Latitude Laptop -Official Roll-Out
- Coming in November...
- 11/3 - Youth Motivation Day
- 11/4 - 11/11 - Book Fair in Media Center
- 11/15 - 7th Grade Dance (After-School in Café)