TVUSD 2020/21 SCHOOL YEAR Update
Wednesday, July 1, 2020
Updates From Board of Education Meeting Held June 30, 2020
The complete presentation covered the following topics.
- A reminder of Timeline, Values, & Priorities
- Ever-Changing Guidelines
- Update on TVUSD Models
- Information on Safety Protocols
- Status of Curriculum Committees, Logistics Teams, & Playbooks
- Parent/Student & Staff Model Preferences
- “Plan B”
- Next Steps
In an effort to summarize the presentation into more manageable pieces, we have highlighted the below information that has changed, is new, or was clarified.
Additionally, we strongly encourage you to watch the video presentation from the meeting. We have edited the full-length video and included the reopening of schools discussion. The times in the video are noted below next to the topics.
Highlights of Changes, New, or Clarified Items
- Consistent with current state mandates, face coverings/masks are currently required for students and staff. If the face-covering mandate is still in place on August 12, 2020, students and staff will be required to wear face-coverings. (Video time 5:14)
- Reviewed three learning models in detail with a focus on safety protocols (Video time 8:14 to 16:12)
- Additional safety protocols. Still awaiting final illness protocols to be released from the county. Expected July 15. We will finalize our plans based on their model. Staff and student face-covering information (Video time 16:20-18:50)
- Shared Plan B Online Cohort Model as a possibility that we are making plans for if we are unable to launch our preferred three learning models due to circumstances or mandates in place as of August 12. (Video time 28:36-31:51)
- BASES program is gearing up and still awaiting final program directions. (Video time 38:50)
- The special education department will be connecting with special education families for services and developing individual plans. (Video time 40:46)
- Confirmation of supplies of PPE (personal protective equipment) to be provided for staff and students. (Video time 49:25)
The complete PowerPoint presentation with graphics is available here
PLEASE CLICK BELOW TO WATCH THE VIDEO