Irmo Elementary Family Updates
#HeartoftheHive #BetterTogether October 26th-October 30th
A Note From Your Principal
Dear IES Families,
We could not be more excited to have had our hybrid bees in grades 3-5 join us 4 days F2F this past week. Our students were all smiles and we were as well. As a reminder, please ensure your bee is wearing their mask daily. We have had an increase in the amount of students arriving without their masks. We continue to make it a priority to provide students a mask if they do not have one for safety. Our supplies are becoming limited due to this increase in students forgetting to bring it. Thank you for your support to keep safety a top priority!
This Week's Important Dates
10/26 - CogAT Testing for F2F Students10/28 FIVE CogAT Make-up Testing
10/30 Book Character Dress Up Day
11/3 Election Day: Schools and Offices Closed
Families with Veterans: We Need Your Input!
IES would like to honor all of our Veterans this Veteran's Day from the heart of the hive!Please click the link if a family member has served or is currently serving our country. We thank you for your service!
Save the Date: 10/30 Book Character Dress Up Day
It is time to celebrate our love of reading and our favorite book characters!
Who: ALL IES students and staff
What: Annual Book Character Day at IES
When: Friday, 10/30
Where: All IES Classrooms (Virtual and 4 Days F2F)
Why:To celebrate our love of life long reading and honor our favorite book characters
All students can participate (4 days F2F or virtual)
Students and staff dress up as a favorite character from a favorite book! Have fun and be creative. Outfits, costumes, etc. do NOT need to be fancy, elaborate, or costly. This is meant to be fun for the kids and families. Kids love it and it’s a great way to promote literacy.
It does need to be a true book character and not just a cartoon or movie character, hero, etc.
No props, full face masks, or scary costumes.
This is optional and so much fun!
We hope to see our students enjoy this special, fun day!
Do You Have Questions About The D5 Redistricting Plan That Includes Irmo Elementary?
School District Five of Lexington & Richland Counties has launched new online interactive maps to allow the community to input their address, explore the redistricting scenarios, and understand potential attendance zone changes (if any) to their families and neighborhoods.
During the Board meeting on Oct.12, School District Five’s Board of Trustees heard a presentation outlining scenarios for redistricting. Engineering and planning firm Milone & MacBroom was approved by the Board in October 2019 to study capacity and growth in School District Five.
The study by the company was prompted by growth in the Chapin area and a need to redistrict for the planned new elementary school in Chapin, but the firm’s study also examines capacity and growth across the district as part of that process.
Community input opportunities on proposed redistricting plans will be held prior to a final vote, to gain input from the community.
VIEW THE ONLINE MAP:
Safety Remains a Top Priority at IES
- All bees will wear masks unless social distancing can be obtained at 6 feet or more. Please be sure your BEE brings a mask to school each day.
- All class families will remain together for recess and each will have an individual family set of sports equipment to play with at recess.
- There will only be 3 students per large cafeteria table at lunch to allow for 6 feet of social distancing.
- There will be social distancing and hand washing kid friendly protocol signage throughout the heart of the hive.
- There will be 5 hand sanitizing stations around the school touch spots. There are kid friendly classroom spaces conducive to learning, engaging students, and keeping them safe.
- Special Areas/Related arts will travel to your bee's classroom.
- There will be water bottle filling stations at specific water fountains for your bee. All other water fountains have been shut off for safety purposes.
Struggling with your device and technology? Please utilize the resources below to support. #BetterTogether
D5 Self Screening Checklist and COVID-19 Exposure Flowchart for Families: Please Review to Proactively Keep Our Bees Safe
School District Five Self Screening Checklist and COVID-19 Exposure Flowchart
School District Five of Lexington & Richland Counties has worked in collaboration with health officials to establish health protocols for the 2020-21 school year, in response to COVID-19. Students and staff will be asked to complete daily self-screenings before reporting to school/district campuses. District schools will follow DHEC guidance regarding the management of suspected and confirmed COVID-19 cases.
- Click the following link to see the district’s self-screening checklist:
- Click the following link to see the district’s COVID-19 Exposure Flowchart:
- For DHEC guidelines regarding the management of suspected and confirmed COVID-19 cases, click the following link:
Yearbook Orders Are Online Only This Year: Get Yours Now!
- $24 Yearbook Price Deadline: October 31, 2020
- Book Price after October 31 Deadline: $26.00
- IES Online Code is: FMYB100385
- The online ordering site for your yearbook is ready. Your direct link to access your online ordering site is:
School Hours and Office Visit Procedures
Irmo Elementary office hours are 7:10 AM - 4:00PM. The school is open to students only beginning at 7:10 am Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Due to social distancing, 3 visitors are allowed inside the front office at a time by appointment. Non-essential visitors are not allowed in the building before, during, or after school hours. We will continue to conduct school business through appointments and coordination.
- Please call our front office at 803-476-4200 to make an appointment before arriving.
- When you arrive on campus, please park and call the office to let us know you are here. When space allows, you can enter based on social distancing protocol. There will be a holding area in the front entrance for those who have scheduled appointments (by the fish tank) to allow for social distancing.