Westside Middle School
November 12, 2021
After School Dismissal Expectations
After School Dismissal Expectations:
- Keep all hands and feet to self
- Use Appropriate Language
- All students should be off campus by 3:30 unless the student is working with a teacher or involved in an after school activity.
- If a student's ride is not here by 3:30, all students must come to the main entrance and either sit outside or inside in the vestibule area. No one is allowed to hang by the PAC doors.
- If a student's ride can't be here by 3:30, then the parent needs to sign the student up for the after school library program.
COVID Vaccine Information
The Douglas County Health Department has asked us Westside and other area school districts to share the following link regarding upcoming COVID-19 vaccination clinics for children ages 5-12 who may now be eligible to receive it.
Westside Community Schools is also hosting a COVID-19 vaccination clinic on Saturday November 20 at Westside Middle School, 8601 Arbor Street. Our site will be open from 10:00am until 2:00pm; this is a walk-in clinic and appointments are not needed. This site is open to children ages 5 through 11, as well as those 12 years and older interested in receiving the COVID-19 vaccine. A second dose vaccine clinic is scheduled for December 11 from 10:00am until 2pm, also at Westside Middle School
We understand this a personal choice for your family and encourage you to discuss at home and with your family doctor. For additional information about Westside’s response and protocols related to the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit this link on our website: https://www.westside66.org/domain/408
If you have additional questions about anything related to COVID-19 and Westside Community Schools guidelines, please email email@example.com.
Buy a Yearbook NOW!
This year we have an extraordinary yearbook to sum up this school year!
We hope you can send an order in to purchase a book early at
Once again this year, Westside Community Schools will be working together with our high school homerooms and a network of amazing community volunteers to support our district families in need this upcoming holiday season. Through the confidential and compassionate work of our district Social Workers, Counselors and Psychologists, we are able to assist those in our school community who may need extra help.
There are a number of ways you can help:
- By “adopting” a Westside student in need and purchasing items from his or her wants & needs list;
- by making a monetary contribution to the “Family Resource Fund” in care of the Westside Foundation (click here to donate);
- or by donating to the Family Resource Center’s Food Pantry and Clothing Closet (click here to learn more about the Westside Family Resource Center!)
If your classroom, your department, your family or your place of business is interested in supporting a Westside student or family this holiday season, please email Molly Hurley at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 19, 2021.
You may also reach out to the WMS School Social Worker, Kim Schenkelberg via email or at 402-452-3147.
FREE & REDUCED MEAL APPLICATIONS
Our records of students who are registered for free & reduced meals has plummeted for the 2021/22 school year. We fear this is not because of a lack of need, but because meals are free for all students, funded by the US Department of Agriculture. If you would traditionally qualify for free or reduced-price meals, it is important you file an application. Through that application, your student becomes eligible for additional benefits including fee waivers for scholarships, ACT/SAT testing, computers, transportation, summer school, activity cards, prom band instruments, etc. In addition, our district receives state and local funding based on the number of students eligible for free and reduced-price meals. That funding is vital for Westside Community Schools.
CLICK HERE to complete the Free & Reduced Meal application online: https://www.myschoolapps.com/. If you would like to complete a traditional paper application, please send an email to Michele Divoky, email@example.com or call 402.390.3382.
WE-SIDE FALL ART CONTESTS
Our popular and inspiring district contest is BACK for 2021! We invite ALL students and staff members to create a poem, drawing, photograph, sculpture, digital/electronic art, or painting using the theme of Belonging Builds Community.
We will be awarding prizes for different grade levels and buildings throughout the district, and your work could be featured on Westside websites, social media and in future publications!
All entries are due by November 16th at 4:00pm. Bring your art to school or email it to Dr. Lucas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some volunteer hours? Check out these opportunities...
- Join the WMS Unified Sports Club (Email teacher sponsors email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
- Offer to help teachers with classroom/organizational tasks
- Help at the food pantry
- Write letters of appreciation to first responders in our community
- Write letters of appreciation to veterans
- Contact a nursing home to see if you can make holiday signs for residents' doors, write letters, play games, etc.
- Ring bells over the holidays (https://www.registertoring.com/)
- Share Omaha is great local resource - there's a "suitable for kids" section on the left
The attendance number is 402-408-8649 or 402-390-6464
Check out the attendance handouts below on the importance of attendance here at school.
WMS Bell Schedule
7th Grade Bell Schedule
Pd 1: 8:00-8:40
Pd 2: 8:43-9:23
Pd 3: 9:26-10:06
Pd 4: 10:09-10:49
Pd 5: (7th) 10:52-11:32
Pd 6: (7th) 11:35-12:15
Pd 8: 1:21-2:01
Pd 9: 2:04-2:44
Warrior Time 2:47-3:15
8th Grade Bell Schedule
Pd 1: 8:00-8:43
Pd 2: 8:46-9:26
Pd 3: 9:29-10:09
Pd 4: 10:12-10:52
Pd 6: (8th) 11:58-12:38
Pd 7: (8th) 12:41-1:21
Pd 8: 1:24-2:04
Pd 9: 2:07-2:47
This is a fast and easy way to help our building without fundraising. Watch this video to see how it works. https://youtu.be/WS2u4s1J63c
Below is a list of business that participate in TAGG. Remember to select Westside Middle School!!
Kim Eymann - Principal
Brian Stevens - Assistant Principal (He will handle all questions on Busing)
Dean for 8A & 7C
Jenni Allen - Assistant Principal & Director of Special Services
Dan Carlson - Dean & Athletic Director
Dean for 7A, 7B, & 8B
Corrie Philo - Dean for 7D, 8C, & 8D (Handles all questions on after school Library)