A Weekly Look at Grant Elementary School & the Grant PTA
Reminder for This Week: Early Release for Conference Week
Week of February 25, 2020
A Message From Principal Grey
Dear Grant Community,
The auction is Grant's biggest fundraiser of the year and it allows our students to continue learning in PTA sponsored programs like the Maker's Space. This year, we are working to continue to fund our Science Coordinator. So many Grant students have been positively impacted by this program that we'd like to make sure we continue to fund it for years to come. Thanks to generous donations from our community, we are able to work together to give Grant students meaningful additions to our curriculum.
I hope you can join me in attending this year's auction but if not, there are ways to bid online - including buying space for birthday announcements on the school marquee, to bidding on lovingly assembled classroom baskets and of course, the coveted VIP Staff Parking Lot Spot is available for next year via an online raffle.
Thank you for all that you do for the Grant community each and every day!
All New: Parking Raffle, 2/21 plus New Online Auction for Birthday Marquis!
*Reserved Parking Raffle Tickets are on sale now at the above link (under tickets) for only $50. It's your chance to win a Reserved space in the Staff Parking lot for the entire school Year 2020-2021
*Baskets, Birthday Marquee, and Teacher Parties go online for bidding this Friday, February 29th! Bidding closes at 11:59 pm on March 6th. You do not need to be present at the Gala to win however, we hope you will join us!! (See online bidding at the above link.*)
Volunteers are still needed! Please check the Sign Up Genius!
Dr. Seuss Birthday Bash, This Friday 2/28!
Vote for Grant
Your Child's Artwork on the Yearbook Cover!
The Yearbook Cover Art Contest is back! Draw the Grant Mascot as you see it. Contest rules:
- 8.5 x 11 standard white paper.
- Must include the following words clearly written in the art: GRANT ELEMENTARY YEARBOOK 2019-2020
- Must include your full name and grade on the back in pencil
- Due Date: April 3, 2020
- Submit artwork in the front office. Look for the yearbook art folder.
- Pencils, pens, crayons, markers, paint, computer graphics are all allowed. Sorry, no glitter!
- The Yearbook cover will be voted on by our teachers. The student cover artist will receive a free yearbook and an art basket.
Every student who submits artwork will be entered into the art gift basket raffle and will have a chance to win! The winners will be announced by our principal at a May Best Assembly.
Don't forget to purchase your Yearbook today!
Enter your school’s passcode: 1015022997383930
In the Thank You Column:
- Major thanks go out to Anna Barrera for organizing the Grant Disco Glow! You're a superstar! Thank you also to Kim Mcallister Borin for all of her help! We know it was a lot of work and it was a great event.
- Much appreciation to the Wong family from Valley Vista for coming to share ideas, decorations and assist at our Grant event!
- Many thanks to all of our parent volunteers, from decorating and setting up to chaperoning, taking pictures and cleaning up at the dance - we could not have events like this without parents who are willing to step up and help. So, we appreciate you: Tamara Zubic, Alyna Christiansen, Kelly Garzelli, Melina Long, Lisa Johnson, Kelly Reavis, Sasha Grimes, Hayley Boles & family, Stephanie Seufert, Brian & Janice Whitaker, Melissa De Surra, Photographer Lucy Ganley, and Melina Long, Erin Byous and Todd Schram who stayed til the very end helping clean up. Special thanks to Joseph & Ruben Barrera and Ellie Hauth who helped with set up and clean up.
- Shamrock Love to Principal Grey, who helped at the dance, Soma, who came over from Casa Grande High to oversee the kitchen and our custodian Mr. Lal, who came out to help clean up on a Saturday night. Yay team PCS!
- A big thank you to Brittany Ceres for coming to share your thoughts at the TIDE Meeting and to all who attended. Thank you for coming out to help make Grant more understanding and inclusive.
- Thank you to all of our families and local businesses who helped donate the beautiful class baskets for the auction! We appreciate your generosity so much.
At A Glance
February 24-28- Read Across America
February 24-28-Conference week (WEDNESDAY SCHEDULE)
February 28- Dr. Seuss Birthday Bash 5:30-7:30 pm
March 3- K-4th Author Visit, 11am
March 4 - MisMatch Spirit Day
March 7- Grant Gala Auction
March 16-20- Spring Break
March 26- PTA Board and Association Meeting (Elections)