Grand Avenue Middle School Library
- Library hours will be from 8:00 am to 2:40 pm. The library will not be open before school.
- Students are required to wear masks at ALL times in the library.
- Students will NOT be allowed to eat or drink in the library.
- A limited number of students will be allowed in the library in order to practice safe social-distancing. A sign will be posted outside the library door when capacity is reached.
Only staff will access shelves for library books.
- Students can browse the library collection using the Online Catalog.
- We will be checking out library books to students and teachers via “curbside checkout.” Students will submit their requests using the Library Book Request Form. Books will be delivered to the teacher’s classroom or mailbox with a post-it indicating to whom the book has been checked out.
- A daily book return container, labeled with the day of the week, will be positioned in the main foyer. Books will be quarantined for 72 hours (3 days) prior to check in or handling. They will then be sanitized and returned to the shelves.
Sign-in and Safety
- Students will sign into the library each period using an online program called LibraryTrac.
- Students will fill out the Library Seating Form for tracking purposes. Students should not change seats throughout the period.
- Students will sign out Chromebooks via a Google Form for contact tracing purposes. Students must sanitize the Chromebook before returning it to the cart.
- Cleaning wipes will be placed near all shared computers, printers, and other equipment. After using any piece of shared equipment (i.e., computer, printer, etc.), the student will sanitize the area.
- The Makerspace cart will be unavailable for students.
- Instead, Makerspace kits will be available through curbside checkout.
- A different Makerspace activity will be available each month.
- Students will sign up for a kit via a Google Form.
- Our October activity will be a Toilet Paper Roll Speaker and Phone Holder.
- If students complete a Makerspace activity, they are invited to upload a short video to our Flipgrid.