Friday, November 16, 2018
From Mrs. Lewis...
Spartan Family, We hope you have a restful and relaxing Thanksgiving with your family. I am thankful for you and your efforts with our students. Please know that you are the best family that many of our students have, someone that takes time with them, provides a smile and encouragement, makes them feel secure and gives them a feeling of belonging. How many of our students will not get this as they go home for the Thanksgiving Holiday? Our students are blessed to have you. As we go home to be with our families, please keep our students and their families in your prayers!
Have a blessed Thanksgiving holiday!
- Please be reminded to supervise students at all times. This includes arriving to school on time to greet students for a great day!
- As we leave for the holidays, be sure to secure any food and also remove any items that belong to you from the refrigerator. Also, ensure windows are secure and blinds closed.
- Our SHMS Spelling Bee will be held on Tuesday, Nov 20 at 1pm.
- Our AR event will be held Monday, November 19, 12 - 2 in the gym. Ms. Harris will send more details.
- SIT members are reminded to bring data to discuss for our 3 goals on Monday. Please see the attached goals and actions.
- You are invited to attend the SCS Board Meeting on Monday (November 19) at 6pm to celebrate us! Feel free to wear school colors. Congratulations!
- Grade level chairs should send plans for Spartan time that will begin when we return after Thanksgiving. The time of day should be determined and logistics worked out. A plan should be submitted with student names by grade level chairs. DUE Tuesday, November 20th! The link will be shared with ALL to input names.
Please fill out the Clubs feedback form. CLICK HERE
- Thank you for everyone's hard work to make our first day of clubs a success. Many students had great things to say about their club time. Please be sure to complete the 2 question feedback form Mrs. Tippett sent via email.
Congratulations to Mr. Jamie Bream for being elected President of the NC State Bandmasters Association. This is a major accomplishment where Jamie will lead other band directors within our state. We are proud of you, Jamie!!!!
Congratulations to SHMS for a job well done last year! We will receive the academic growth award at the SCS Board Meeting on Monday, November 19th.
Kudos to Ms. Grady and Mr. Bream for their hard work with our students at the Scotland District Arts Night! Our students shined! Thank you Mr. Bream and Ms. Grady for sharing your talents!
Thank you to you all for making Wednesday Night , Parent-Teacher Conferences, happen! I'm hopeful this is the last of the reschedules! Thank for you commitment to our students.
A big shout out to Ms. Harris for securing ALL Chromebook and AUP forms. All students have completed forms all file. Please continue to monitor students with red dots!
We are BLUE! We are super excited that 4 of our teachers are EVAAS BLUE. Congratulations to Michelle Williams, Theresa Houston, Latoya Francis and Candice Eley! Hard work, student relationships, and a deep understanding of the content have paid off. Continue the great work!
- Please keep Ms. Janet and her Mom in your prayers. Mom has been hospitalized at Scotland Memorial.
- Prayers going Mrs. Chavis' way for her Dad. Please keep her and Dad in your thoughts!
- So glad to have several new custodians that are hard workers...Mr. Mike (8th), Ms. Johnson (7th), Ms. Brown (7th) and Mr. Yates (Electives)! Thanks for all you do!
November 19 - AR Movie
November 19 - SIT Meeting
November 19 - School Board Meeting @ 6:00
November 20 -SHMS Spelling Bee
November 21-23 - Thanksgiving Holidays - NO SCHOOL
November 27 - CLUBS
November 27 - MTSS Tier 1 Core / Behavior paperwork due
November 30 - TLC
December 3 - Staff Meeting
- December 4- CLUBS
- December 5- Progress Reports Go Home
December 5- PBIS Celebration / Talent Show
December 6- TLC
December 7 - ½ day Professional Development AM - ½ day for students PM