Elements of Art Project
Choose Your Project
To show your understanding of the "Elements of Art" you will complete one of two projects: Elements of Art Word Design or Elements of Art Cube. Read the descriptions below and view the sample projects before you make your choice.
Project 1: Word Design
- Find the middle of your paper- mark the middle at the top and bottom.
- Then, using a ruler, measure diagonal lines from the bottom corners to the top middle dot, and the same with the bottom.
- This will create a symmetrical design of 7 sections- one for each element to be represented in.
- Fill the whole page with one giant word or a phrase.
- Essentially, you're trying to have a bit of word in each of the sections. In the end, though, the word(s) is quite obscured and difficult to read and that's totally okay.
- Plan out where each of the elements will go.
- Think about the colors you might use, the materials you might use and how you can you’re your understanding of each element.
Project 2: Cube
- Cut and assemble a cube
- In each of the squares visually represent one of the elements of art: line, shape, space, color, texture, and value.
- You don't need to include form because the cube itself is the form
- You may use any media you want