Week #18: December 15, 2014
Dates to Note
Friday, December 19: Middle School Puppet Performance
- 10:30 - Toddler & Primary classrooms invited
- 11:00 - Lower Elementary classrooms invited
Thursday, January 8:
- Primary Level meeting after school
- Basketball Game @ East Noble
A Baby Boy has been born!
15th Birthday Party - Details
Faculty are required to have their classrooms clean & tidy for visitors (they will be cleaned by the janitor crew after the event.)
SCHEDULE FOR THE EVENING:
- 5:30-6:30 - ALL school open house (classrooms open for guests to tour on their own)
- 6:45-7:00 - Victorian House reception - toast, birthday song, Middle School Bucket Drum group performance and trip down memory lane
It will be a dark cold night, but the festivities & memories will warm us all!
Interested in "working" the Birthday Party?
We are seeking a few volunteers to help with the following:
- Birthday cards to Oak Farm made by students to be displayed - please turn into Macy by January 14th.
- Photos... we would LOVE to have any pictures you may have on your computers. We are missing a lot of pictures between 2005 and 2009
- few people to welcome guests in each building
- Help with food set up after dismissal the day of
- Help with setting up candle luminaries outside each building
- Help with clean up after the event
If you are interested, available, and willing to join the fun - please contact Macy ASAP!
A note from Janet
Green Team Cleaning Products
The students love making them and they have just as much fun using them. The Green Team cleaning product form is available on the W drive and a few copies will be available on the Vic House bulletin board. (Older versions are still floating around, so make sure the foaming hand soap refill is listed on there.) Completed forms can be put in the mailboxes of either Kelly or Janet.
Quick Tip: Instead of using dryer sheets, use 1/2 cup of plain, white vinegar (just pour it into the washer's liquid fabric softener dispenser.) Nope, the laundry won't smell like vinegar; we promise! According to EWG.org's database, all Bounce dryer sheets, for example, scored a D on their ratings list, which means they are of "high concern to health or the environment." Downy scores just as poorly. Yikes!