- In contrast to cuneiform and hieroglyphics, this language is impossible to decipher.
- Found on stamps and seals made out of carved stone
- 400 symbols
- written language
- Few weapons of warfare have been found, suggesting that conflict was limited.
- The presence of animal images on many types of artifacts suggest animals were a big part of their culture.
- The housing suggest that social divisions in the society were not great.
- Lots of artifacts with clay and children toys
- Archaeologists think that culture was a theocracy
- no site of temples have been found
- Priests likely prayed for good harvest and safety from floods.
- Religious artifacts reveal links to modern hindu culture.
- Gold and Silver came from Afghanistan
- Conducted a thriving trade peoples in the region
- The indus river provided an excellent means of transportation for goods.
- Trading began as early as 2600 B.C. and continued until 1800 B.C.