Brewster School Newsletter
January 22, 2016
Earlier this week Kath asked us to look for examples of student engagement in our schools so I jotted down examples after every tour. At ADCO today we had to share them. When it was my turn I asked if they wanted me to share the entire list because I had examples from every grade level, every related arts class, the preschool classroom and every teacher. Our kids are so engaged in learning because of the lessons you plan and the instructional strategies you implement. Thank you for the effort you continually put forth for our students.
- To all of you for a fabulous week of visits.
- To everyone who changed their schedule and covered for others due to the shortages of subs. (I know it's getting old but it doesn't appear that it will get better any time soon and I truly appreciate your flexibility.)
- To Ruth for the very creative robots in the hallway.
- The first graders will begin Health on Monday, January 25th.
- The Reading Team will be administering the DIBELS next week.
- The testing window for STAR Reading and Math and the Early Literacy test is January 19 - February 5th . The F&P window begins on January 19 and extends through February 11th.
- Next week visits are scheduled at 1:30 on Monday and Wednesday, 9:30 on Thursday and 9:30 and 1:30 on Friday. ALMOST DONE!
- It is that time of year for mid-year evaluation meetings so please stop by to schedule a meeting time with Patti or me. Meetings should be held during the last couple weeks of February.
- Please submit your assessment results when you are done.
Jan 25 - Health switch
Jan 28 - PBIS assembly
Jan 29 - Visits end
Feb 2 - Faculty meeting
Feb 2- 4 - Kindergarten registration
Feb 5 - Grade 1 field trip to Peabody, First Friday Family Read, ADCO
We will be celebrating January birthdays on Friday of next week. Please check the calendar if you have signed up to bring in a treat.
February 9th is National Pizza Day - We can all chip in and get pizza delivered for lunch.
February 25 is National Chili Day - Is anyone up for a contest?
March 14 is National Pi Day - Anyone want to share their favorite pie with the staff.
March 23 is National Dip Day - This was a big hit!! Nancy is looking forward to that one.