North Elementary School- October 29, 2015
DUTIES FOR THE WEEK OF November 2
SPECIAL CLASS: Week 2
BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION/LOUNGE DUTY:
YEE HAWS!!!!! = 7
Calendar of Events
Wednesday, October 28
- Brag Tag Assembly at 9:00 am for grades 3-5 in the gym
- Brag Tag Assembly at 10:00 am for Kindergarten- grade 2 in the gym
- Fun(d) Run Subway Lunch at 11:00 am
- Kindergarten trip to Fischer Farms from 12:30-2:00 pm (3rd grade and Kdg switch specials times)
- Staffing (3-S) at 3:15 pm in the office
Thursday, October 29
- Fall Parties for grades 2-5- See Lunch and Specials Schedule Changes
- Fall Party at Sk8-zone from 8:30-10:30 am for grades 3 and 4
- Fall Party at Sk8-zone from 12:30-2:30 pm for grades 2 and 5
- First Grade trip to Fischer Farms from 12:30-2:00 pm
Friday, October 30
- NO SCHOOL- EARNED DAY OFF
Saturday, October 31
- Happy Birthday Lyndsey!
Sunday, November 1
- Daylight Savings Time Ends- Set clocks back one hour
Monday, November 2
- 504 Meeting (1L) at 1:30 pm in the office
- Staff Conference (1C) at 3:15 pm in Cathy Carter's classroom.
Tuesday, November 3
- Picture Retakes in room 110
- PTO Board Meeting in room 110
Wednesday, November 4
- District Council from 9:00-11:30 am at Dix Road (Barb out)
- SW-PBS meeting at 3:15 pm in room 110
Thursday, November 5
- Blue Ribbon Writing Party at 9:00 am in room 110
- Fire Drill at 10:30 am
Friday, November 6
- 504 Meeting (2M) at 8:15 am in the office
- Blue Ribbon Writing Papers due to Fariba by 3:00 pm
- PTO Fall Festival from 5:30-8:00 pm
Happy October Birthday to:
18- Patty Christensen
27- Katie Hudson
31- Lyndsey Reynders
We are striving for 100% participation in our conferences. If all else fails, you can conduct a phone conference and then send the grade card home and count it as a completed conference. Please let Carey know how many students were represented at conferences. The board office usually wants our numbers sometime during the first week of November.
PTO is always so good to us by providing meals on conference nights. There is a PTO board meeting on Tuesday night, November 3. If you are so inclined to drop a thank you note in their mailbox, these are shared and appreciated.
For Your Newsletters
- There will be no school on Friday, October 30.
- Daylight Savings Time ends on Sunday, November 1. Don't forget to set your clocks back one hour on Sunday.
- Volunteers are still needed for the PTO Fall Festival on Friday, November 6. If you have not signed up, please consider doing so. It takes many volunteers to have a successful event and your help is needed and appreciated.
Lunch Changes for October 29
11:00-11:40- First Grade
11:20-12:00- Fifth Grade (Nicole- please go to recess duty with grade 5)
11:40-12:20- Kindergarten (Deidre- please go to recess duty with kindergarten)
12:00-12:40- Fourth Grade
12:20-1:00- Third Grade (Diana- please go to recess duty with grade 3)
- Duty TIMES will remain the same, you just might be supervising a different group.
- Lunch will be the only recess for grades 2-5 on October 29.
- Kindergarten and fifth grades will not be sitting on the side they normally sit on.
- Grade 3 and 4 MIGHT consider having your "snack" when you return from the rink since your lunch is so late.
Special Class Changes for October 29
8:55-9:45- Second Grade
9:45-10:35- First Grade
1:20-2:10- Fourth Grade
2:10-2:58- Third Grade
Character Plus Books
PBS Lessons for November
- Be sure to keep your websites up-to-date!
- I would like copies of all classroom newsletters. These can be sent to me electronically or a paper copy in my mailbox.
- Please continue to use the clip up tickets, Safe, Respectful, and Responsible Compliment cards (or verbal compliments) keeping the 4:1 in mind!