Claughton Polytechnic Connection
November 15-19, 2021
Dear Cougar Families,
This newsletter is created to keep you in the loop with information to help support your child's academic and social needs.
LITERACY NIGHT-JOIN US!-RECEIVE A FREEE DRESS PASS FOR FRIDAY
THANKSGIVING VACATION- November 22-26
Tuesday, December 7th at 6:00pm in the cafeteria
The 7th and 8th Grade Winter Concert will be on Monday, December 13th at 6:00pm in the CMS Cafeteria.
The 6th Grade Winter Concert will be on Tuesday, December 14th at 6:00pm in the CMS Cafeteria.
IMAGINE MATH COMPETITION
CMS is kicking off our Imagine Math school-wide competition. The more lesson a student completes earns them rewards and prizes. Imagine Math is an adaptive, interactive math program that teaches math skills at your child's skill level and helps them practice what they've learned.
COUGAR SCHOOL STORE
To purchase items form the school store you have to earn and stack your points from displaying the following behaviors below. When a staff member sees this, your badge will be scanned and you will be assigned points.
- ATTENDANCE-COMING TO SCHOOL EVERYDAY
- COUGAR READY-ARRIVE TO SCHOOL WITH STUDENT IDS AND Z BUS PASSES. WHEN ENTERING THE CAMPUS IN THE MORNING BE MASKED UP AND HAVE CELL PHONES IN BACKPACKS ALONG WITH ANY LOOSE ITEMS
- RESPECT-LISTENTING AND TALKING TO ADULTS AND CLASSMATES IN A POSITIVE MANNER
- DISCIPLINED-STAYING ON TASK IN CLASS AND FOLLOWING PROCEDURES
- TECHNOLOGY READY-USING TECHNOLOGY APPROPRIATELY IN CLASS
- PARTICIPATION-COMPLETING ASSIGNMENTS AND ANSWERING QUESTIONS IN CLASS/ACADEMIC DISCUSSION WITH CLASSMATES
- SCHOOL CITITZENSHIP-HELPING STAFF AND CLASSMATES, KEEPING THE CAMPUS CLEAN AND BEING A POSITIVE STUDENT LEADER.
2nd nine weeks progress reports went home with students on Friday 11/5
LOG IN ON THE PARENT PORTAL
BOYS BASKETBALL SCHEDULE
GIRLS BASKETBALL SCHEDULE
PLEASE BRING AN UNWRAPPED TOY FOR THE HOLIDAY TOY DRIVE
DO YOU LIKE WRITING AND ARTISTIC EXPRESSION?
The 2022 Scholastic Awards are open! Register now to enter your work. You can win cash awards and scholarships.
ATTENTION PARENTS AND STUDENTS!
There is a TickTok challenge going on. Students are challenged to "steal from school" or "steal from your teacher". Students are vandalizing and stealing soap dispensers, paper towel holders, computers, tablets, signage, etc. They are trashing restroom which causes schools to limit/restrict restroom use. Please check your child's social media accounts and their belongings. Students who vandalize the school or steal school property will receive severe consequences. Let's keep our school clean, respect our school property and keep it presentable for us to enjoy.
Per school policy, all students are to carry a mesh or see through (clear) backpack for security purposes. Starting Monday, backpacks that don't fit this criteria will be confiscated and parents will have to come to the school to pick them up. If you are financially challenged, please contact the school for backpack assistance.
STUDENT DRESS CODE-PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD IS IN COMPLIANCE
UPDATED BELL SCHEDULE-PLEASE REVIEW UPDATED LUNCH TIMES
- Students are permitted in the building at 8:20 am and report to the cafeteria to pick up breakfast to eat in class.
- ALL STUDENTS NEED TO REPORT TO SCHOOL BY 8:50 AM
- Students report to their 1st period class on A & C day. On B days they report to 5th period class.
- The instructional period starts at 8:55 am every day.
- The lunch schedule
- 6th grade lunch -10:55-11:35 am
- 7th grade lunch-11:40 am-12:20 pm
- 8th grade lunch-12:26-1:06 pm
STUDENT CODE OF CONDUCT
Parents and students, please review the student code of conduct link below to be up to date with the new information.
TOOLS FOR LEARNING
ALL students are required to have binders. CMS binders were given out during student orientations. Here are the binder requirements.
CLAUGHTON HAS MOVED TO A 9 WEEKS GRADING CYCLE
There will be 2 progress reports and the six weeks report card. Please go to the home access center to view weekly grades.