Bring Your Own Device- BYOD
Learning of the Future
- student familiar with own device
- ease for troubleshooting
- device appropriate for individual learning style
CONCERNS FOR BYOD
- electronic devices will promote a distraction for students
- division between students- have/have nots
WHAT WILL BYOD ACHIEVE IN THE CLASSROOM?
- no boundaries to learning and exploring
- students in a global community
- awareness and appreciation of education
- increase in self- confidence, esteem and technological abilities
HOW WILL BYOD LOOK IN THE CLASSROOM?
- students actively engaged in lessons and objectives
- collaborative learning: students working together, sharing ideas, thoughts, opinions and point of view
IS BYOD SUITABLE FOR EVERY CLASSROOM?
- yes, on a limited basis if technology is limited or not available
Huntsville ISD Students Talk about BYOD