February 12, 2021
All families who have selected in-person learning should have received an email or call from their child's teacher or office staff to inform you of which days your student(s) will attend. Students will only attend 2 days in-person at this time--either Monday and Tuesday, or Thursday and Friday. Please call the main office at 773-534-2160 if you need any clarification regarding the start date for your student(s).
- March 1 - Return to In-Person Learning for Monday/Tuesday students in grades K-5
- March 4 - Return to In-Person Learning for Thursday/Friday students in grades K-5
- March 8 - Return to In-Person Learning for Monday/Tuesday students in grades 6-8
- March 11 - Return to In-Person Learning for Thursday/Friday students in grades 6-8
After School Programming with YMCA & Boone Staff
Please reach out to Josh Fidler at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
LSC Meeting on Tuesday, 2/16/21
Equity and Social Justice Community Workshop
- Mr. Krantz is so patient and encouraging. He brings out the best in students and shows them that they are capable of more than they think.
- Mr. Donlin goes above and beyond really looking after the welfare of every student and wanting them to succeed. He also brings the fun.
- Shout out to Ms. Janusz for helping all the through 2nd grade and for keeping everyone positive. (From Brian S.)
- To Mr. Bowen and Ms. Rogers, You guys are nice teachers everyone class should be so lucky thanks for teaching us I can’t to see want we learn later in the months (From Taye)
- On behalf of my children, we’d like to thank every staff and community member that asserted their well organized point of view on the reopening plan! Your voices provided a detailed view of what it means to be on the frontline as essential workers. Thank you dearly for speaking up! (From the Mathew Family)
Is there someone at Boone who you would like to recognize for their hard work, kindness, or other awesome quality? Please click here on the Boone Community Shout-Out form to take a moment to acknowledge that person. Your message may appear in the next post!
- Feb 12 - Q2 Report Cards mailed out by CPS
- Feb 15 - Presidents Day, NO SCHOOL
- Feb 16 - LSC Meeting, 4:00PM (Agenda & link posted at www.booone.cps.edu LSC section)
- Feb 16 - Community Meeting - Social Justice Standards with CPS Equity Partner Dr. Carole Collins Ayanlaja, 4:30PM request a link
- Mar 1 - Return to In-Person Learning for Monday/Tuesday students in grades K-5
- Mar 4 - Return to In-Person Learning for Thursday/Friday students in grades K-5
- Mar 8 - Return to In-Person Learning for Monday/Tuesday students in grades 6-8
- Mar 11 - Return to In-Person Learning for Thursday/Friday students in grades 6-8
- Mar 29-Apr 2 - NO SCHOOL - Spring Break
Click the button above to be re-directed to a bulletin board with resources shared by community members.
REPEAT REMINDERS BELOW
Required Health Screener for Hybrid In-Person Students
Boone's website (boone.cps.edu) has added a new page under the Community tab called "How to use the CPS Health Screener." This page contains videos (in English, Spanish, Arabic, and Urdu) on how to access the health screener site and how to fill it out. Please note that parents and caregivers must complete the CPS Health Screener EVERY SCHOOL DAY BETWEEN 5AM-8:15AM. Students will not be permitted in the building before the screener is completed every day. If you complete it the night before, the data will erase by the next morning and you will have to do it again.
We are advising everyone who has students planning to return in person to watch the video How to use the CPS Health Screener. and/or practice completing the screener so you know what to expect when students return.
Parent Portal gives parents the ability to view students' grades in real time. If you are setting up your Parent Portal account for the first time, please visit the First Time Parent Portal Set-Up link. This is a one-time step and not necessary after every school year. Once you receive your email from Aspen to help set up your username and password, you can access Parent Portal at Aspen Parent Portal.
If you already have a Parent Portal account, but are running into technical issues (forgot password, locked out, etc), please email Boone's tech coordinator Patrick Chi (email@example.com) so he can reset your account. Once your account is reset, you should receive an email from Aspen with further instructions. Additional information provided by the district can be found at this link.
How to Contact Office Staff or Administration
Door 1 is temporarily unavailable. Here are the ways you can contact office and/or administrative staff:
- Leave a message with Security Officer Mr. Valencia outside at Door 2 near the food distribution, 8am-4pm daily Monday-Friday
- Call main office and/or leave a phone message at 773-534-2160, option #0 (voicemail is checked daily)
- Email one of our clerks: Claudia Ortiz - firstname.lastname@example.org (English & Spanish), Shamiram Shahbaz - email@example.com (English, Arabic, Assyrian)
Daniel Boone Elementary School
Boone Vision: Kindness, creativity, and an understanding of diverse perspectives will guide us as we intentionally engage in learning opportunities and take action to bring about positive change in our world.
Boone Mission: We actively seek to learn more about ourselves, others, and the world through the arts and through learning opportunities that respond to our identities and promote positive relationships. We rise up to advocate for ourselves and others so that everyone is valued and empowered.