Newsletter Week 3 Term 3
Sacred Heart School Christchurch 13 August 2021
FROM THE PRINCIPAL
Interesting start to the week with a bit of snow and freezing temperatures but delighted to see the sun come out the following day. It has been a big week of swimming. The children have shown great effort and improvement from day 1. The instructors are enjoying working with our children and we look to enjoy another full week of it next week.
Last Friday night I was immensely proud of our choir who performed with 600 other children at the Christchurch Town Hall for Jubilate. It was a huge celebration of sacred music enjoyed by the diocese community. The children spent the whole day there rehearsing and also celebrated a Mass with all attendees. Thank you to Kayte Jory for the time put into this choir and the support you gave them on the night.
This coming Sunday is the Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Aotearoa’s National Patronal Feast Day. It is a holy day of obligation when the Church celebrates Mary being taken to Heaven, body and soul to share in the Resurrection of her Son and anticipation of the resurrection of other Christians.
Read this reflection on the Assumption by Father John O’Connor on Food for Faith.
In the Nicene Creed we say “I believe in one Lord Jesus Chrsit, the Only Begotten Son of God, born of the Father before all ages. God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made. Consubstantial describes the relationship between Jesus and the Father. (New Words, Deeper Meaning, NZCBC 2010)
A special welcome to Alwin who has joined Teretere this term!
TEACHER ONLY DAY - Please be aware that we have scheduled a Teacher Only Day for Monday 30th August
The Harmful Digital Communications Act (HDCA) was passed in 2015 to help people dealing with serious or repeated harmful digital communications. It lays out 10 communication principles that guide how to communicate online.
A Bee Hive Is Coming
We have all our policies and procedures on School Docs. At present we have
policies on Behaviour Management and Concerns and Complaints that we
would appreciate your feedback on. Please follow the link below and review this
1. Visit the website
http://sacredheartchch.schooldocs.co.nz/1893.htm (note that there is no “www”!)
2. Enter the user name (sacred) and password (heart).
3. Follow the link to the relevant policy as listed.
4. Read the policy.
5. Click the Policy Review button at the right-hand top corner of the page.
6. Select the reviewer type "Parent".
7. Enter your name (optional).
8. Submit your ratings and comments.
- Monday 7 August - Swimming starts
- Thursday 26 August - Board of Trustees Meeting 5.30pm in the Senior room TBC
- Friday 27 August - School Photos
- Monday 30 August - School closed for Teacher Only Day
- Friday 10 September - Book Week Celebration Day
- Wednesday 29 September - Catholic Schools Day
- Thursday 30 September - Board of Trustees Meeting 5.30pm in the Senior room
- Friday 1 October - End of Term 3
- Monday 18 October - Start of Term 4
For Church Notices Please view the Catholic Parish of Christchurch South website. https://sanctamariaparish.nz/ or the New App
Go to the App Store on your Apple or Android device and Search 'Church AppsNZ' to download the app onto your device.
Then search "The Catholic Parish of Christchurch South' to find your church app.