We Are... Room 304!
Miss Anderson's Weekly Scoop
December 7-11, 2015
December 2nd-19th ~
- Fuzzy Puppy Foundation Collection
- Hanukkah Begins
- Tiger of the Week - Mark E.
- Science Quiz (Lessons 1-3)
- Home & School Association Spirit Night - Chick-Fil-A - 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Home & School Association Toys for Tabor Wrapping Party - 6:30 PM
- Unit #4 Math Test
- Miss Anderson's Birthday
- S.A.C. Spirit Day - Hawaiian Day
- Hanukkah Ends
- Tiger of the Week - Mya F.
- Happy 1/2 Birthday Isaiah L.!
- Gingerbread Math Activity - Please click the link below to sign up to volunteer or donate gingerbread house materials for the "Candy Shack."
- Winter Party - Please check your email to sign up to volunteer! We are in need of two more volunteers!
A few quick things about this week...
Throughout the week students will be focused on monitoring their comprehension through the use of fix-up strategies, as well as reviewing determining the topic/main idea and details. Students will also be reviewing drawing conclusions to help understand nonfiction text. We will continue to find text evidence to support our thinking and use it to support our answers as we respond to text-dependent questions.
Ask me about: What is the main idea of what you are reading? What are details to support the main idea? What is some text-evidence to support your inference? What inferences can you make in your DEAR book? Did you need to use any fix-up strategies while you were reading? If so, what did you do?
Writing & Spelling
This week, students will finish publishing their how-to/functional writing pieces. Students will also complete a pre-assessment on informational writing by completing an "on-demand" two-day prompt.
Ask me about: What are elements of functional/how-to writing? How do good writers enhance their functional writing? What is your functional writing piece about?
Spelling Homework - NONE
*Each week's spelling list will be posted on our class website!
Ask me about: How do you add and subtract decimals? How do you convert measurements using decimals? What is the five-step process for problem solving? What do you need to include in a problem solving explanation? How did you solve your problem solving task?
Science ~ Matter
Ask me about: What are some similarities and differences between solids, liquids, and gases? Does changing the shape of a solid change its volume? How can we show that air takes up space?