Asia

Laos

Capital

Vientiane is the capital and largest city of Laos, located on the Mekong River near the border with Thailand. Vientiane became the capital in 1563 due to fears of a Burmese invasion
Big image

Climate

During the warm months the tempture usualy reaches up to 40°Cand in the colder months it reaches up to 15-20°C.

Population

The 2012 total population of Laos was 6,645,827 the female population was 3,339,660 and the male population was 3,306,167 so this means the females were more popular then the males.



Religion

In the 14th and the 17th centries 60% of people started to celebrate Buddhism the other 40% of people started to celebrate animist and other religions.



Believes

On the 24th of May a festival called Boun Visakhaboucha is held during the sixth full moon of the lunar calendar for the Buddha. Candlelight processions are held in temples to mark the birth date of Buddha. On the 2nd of December everybody in Laos celebrates the 1975 victory of the proletariat over the monarchy with parades, speeches, etc.

Language

The main two main languages that Laos people speak are Chinese and the national language is Lao

History

In 1945 many people in Japan occupied laos until the end of World War II.In

Economy

Laos is one our worlds poorest countries.Most of the countries money is spent on growing rice,vegetables, spices and cotton.80% of jobs in Laos in planting and picking them things.

Big image

Education

Since 1985 schools in Laos have been conpulsory.Most of the teachers that teach are not trained.

Living Conditions

Many people that live in Laos live in a one room house made out of bamboo or wood with a tin roof.In Laos it is very difficult to find clean water to drink so this means many peolple become dehighdrated,ill from drinking dirty water and many other things