Parade of Pumpkins
October 20, 2017
Hello Third Grade Parents,
As you know, one of our biggest and most exciting events of the year is quickly approaching… The Parade of Pumpkins! Here is a little information on this highly anticipated event:
- This is our 14th annual Parade of Pumpkins. The event was started by our Third Graders, and is a student led service project.
- The event is a fundraiser for the organization, Bringing Hope Home. Bringing Hope Home (BHH) is a nonprofit organization that provides unexpected amazingness to local families with cancer through financial and emotional support. To learn more about this charitable organization, please visit www.bringinghopehome.org.
- During the week of October 16th, we will be selling pumpkins in the lobby of the school. We are asking that each family carve a pumpkin and create a Jack-o-Lantern for our parade. Once you are done, please return your Jack-o-Lantern to school on Friday, October 20th. We will line the playground with a parade of spook-tacular jack-o-lanterns!
- During the event, we will be selling hot dogs, soft pretzels, baked goods, hot chocolate, and glow bracelets. All money collected will go toward Bringing Hope Home.
- The event runs from 6:30pm to 8:30pm on Friday, October 20th and is a rain or shine event. In the event of inclement weather, the event will be held in the gymnasium.
- Please have the students at CBA by 6:00pm with their Halloween costumes and a flashlight. If they are in after care, you can send these things to school. I will pick the students in after care up at 6:00pm. Parents should be at school by 6:00pm and should plan to attend the entire evening. Students will be asked to help sell food, drinks, and glow necklaces with the faculty. They'll also get some time to walk around to see their pumpkins! The event ends around 8:30pm. Clean-up should not take long. If you can stick around to help us put everything away, that would be great.
Food & Bake Sale! – We have sent out a Sign-Up Genius asking for donations for baked goods and food items for the evening of Parade of Pumpkins. Please see below and let me know if you have any questions. Donated items should be dropped off on the morning of 10/20. Thank you!
Carve! - Purchase a pumpkin for $10 and carve it into a Jack-O-Lantern. Return it to school on the morning of 10/20. We will line the playground with all of CBA’s spooky creations!
Donate! - Bringing Hope Home provides unexpected amazingness to local families with cancer through financial and emotional support. Visit their website to learn more!
Volunteer! – We will need all hands on deck for set-up and clean-up on the evening of the event.