Parade of Pumpkins
October 19, 2018
Hello Third Grade Parents,
As you know, one of our biggest and most exciting events of the year is quickly approaching… The Parade of Pumpkins! Here is a little information on this highly anticipated event:
- This is our 15th annual Parade of Pumpkins. The event was started by our Third Graders, and is a student led service project.
- The event is a fundraiser for the organization, Bringing Hope Home. Bringing Hope Home (BHH) is a nonprofit organization that provides unexpected amazingness to local families with cancer through financial and emotional support. To learn more about this charitable organization, please visit www.bringinghopehome.org.
- During the week of October 15th, we will be selling pumpkins in the lobby of the school. We are asking that each family carve a pumpkin and create a Jack-o-Lantern for our parade. Once you are done, please return your Jack-o-Lantern to school on Friday, October 20th. We will line the playground with a parade of spook-tacular jack-o-lanterns!
- During the event, we will be selling soft pretzels, baked goods, hot chocolate, and glow bracelets. All money collected will benefit Bringing Hope Home.
- The event runs from 6:30pm to 8:00pm on Friday, October 19th and is a rain or shine event. In the event of inclement weather, the event will be held in the gymnasium.
- Students must be at school, in costume, by 6:00pm.
Food & Bake Sale! – See the Sign-Up Genius to donate baked goods and food items for the evening of Parade of Pumpkins. Please see below and let me know if you have any questions. Donated items should be dropped off on the morning of 10/19. Thank you!
Carve! - Purchase a pumpkin for $12 and carve it into a Jack-O-Lantern. Return it to school on the morning of 10/19. We will line the playground with all of CBA’s spooky creations!
Donate! - Bringing Hope Home provides unexpected amazingness to local families with cancer through financial and emotional support. Visit their website to learn more!
Volunteer! – We will need all hands on deck for set-up and clean-up on the evening of the event.