Classical conditioning is a form of conditioning is when you pair a stimulus that provokes a response naturally with a stimulus that provoke a response only after it provokes a response like the first stimulus provokes. The second form of conditioning is operant conditioning. Operant conditioning is the form of conditioning focuses on deliberate actions. People learn in their own way how to behave in certain ways through both positive and negative reinforcement.
Social Learning Theory
- Enactive learning focuses on actively doing things and then being responsible for the outcomes.
- Vicarious learning just by observing people and learning from them.
- Central executive which is responsible for attention.
- Phonological loop which deals with sound and speech.
- Visuospatial sketchpad are where images are manipulated.
- Episodic buffer is where the other three all come together to create an the overall memory.
Lastly, long term memory is where the information that is well known is stored. There is unlimited capacity and is broken down into explicit and implicit memory. Explicit memories are ones that we are consciously recall. Where as implicit memory affects our actions and feelings even though we are not aware of it.