January 13, 2023
Important Dates to Remember
- January 18: Middle of Tri. II- Part II of trimester courses begin
- February 6-10: MS & HS Conferences
- February 8 - March 14: OVA Count Month
- February 13-17: No School, Intersession
- March 9: End of Tri. II- Pearson work must be completed
- March 10: No School
- March 13: Beginning of Trimester III
Middle of Trimester II
Your new courses have been enrolled, and have a start date of January 18. They will end at the second trimester with your other courses. Please pay close attention to start and end dates of your enrolled courses! I installed a count down for each course to help you.
Reminder of the OVA Attendance Policy
Per the 2022-2023 OVA Handbook:
Unexcused Absence: An absence is considered unexcused when a child misses both 2 way communications in a week. When that happens, we check to see if they submitted a Wednesday assignment and if the child has logged in regularly over the course of the week, Wednesday to Tuesday.
Student has 4 unexcused absences:
The student is dropped from OVA and sent back to the local district or school. A parent meeting is scheduled with the local district or school regarding truancy and paperwork is completed for documentation.
Let us know if your student is attending. Attendance is strongly encouraged.
What is Respect?
- Respect is the willingness and ability to act professionally and thoughtfully with ourselves and others. Leaders can deal respectfully with opposition and provide space for both dignity and differences to coexist.
Why focus on Respect?
- Respect contributes to a positive culture. People feel safe, supported, and engaged in the context of thoughtful social, emotional, civic, and intellectual interactions.
- Respect decreases conflict. Respect helps us, and others, to be able to express ourselves without fear of being judged, humiliated, or discriminated against.
- Respect encourages empathy. Respect helps us to understand each other and put ourselves in someone else shoes.
How will you show respect to your virtual teachers, mentors, and others around you?
OVA has a classroom now! We are still located inside the Otsego Middle School building, but our new room is located directly off of the cafeteria. There is a single door located just north of the custodian overhead doors on the west side of the building (facing the high school). Please use this door if you are coming to the classroom. If you do not have a scheduled time with a teacher or administrator, please use the OMS office door, as the OVA office is not currently staffed at all times.