SHS Counseling Newsletter
- Santiago Counselors met with all students to confirm courses for next school year and summer school (if needed).
- This week, Santiago Counselors will call in students that missed their appointment.
- Parents/Guardians, please review your student's course selection and email your student's counselor if you have any questions.
CNUSD SUMMER SCHOOL 2022
Parents, the deadline for Summer School 2022 confirmation is March 23, 2022
- Please see for summer school confirmation instructions.
English: Click Here
Spanish: Click Here
Dates: 6/9 -7/1 and 7/5-7/21
Times: 8:30-11:45 (AM Session) 12:15-3:30 (PM Session)
Location: Centennial High School
(Santiago is not holding Summer School this year).
CNUSD Summer School Information CLICK HERE
Local Scholarships requiring a separate application
Local Scholarships that use their own Separate Application Packet
FAFSA / CA Dream Act Application
For College Visits schedule click on link:
College & Career Center
Follow on Instagram:SHS_College_Career
AP Online Classes & Review Sessions
Practice Test Resources:
Parent Project's mission is to develop parent-training programs for parents raising difficult or out-of-control children. They are committed to providing highly effective programs that are affordable for every parent.
A safe space for students, parents and staff.
For students and families to report student concerns.
For CNUSD staff to report student concerns.
Connects millions of people to help every year. To get expert, caring help, simply call 211 today.
We are operating in uncharted territory right now that nobody could have possible imagined or prepared for. Your CNUSD School Counselors want you to know that your feelings are valid, no matter what they are. You might feel scared, confused, overwhelmed, angry, alone, grateful, or completely calm. You might feel many things at once, like being upset that an event was cancelled, but happy that you can wear pajamas all day. Your feelings are normal; the situation is not. Don't forget to breathe.
- Learn the life-changing skill of meditation.
- Get more restful sleep and wake up feeling refreshed.
- Video lessons on mindful movement and gentle stretching.
- Growth Mindset and much more!
The Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL) is a trusted source for knowledge about high-quality, evidence-based social and emotional learning (SEL). CASEL supports educators and policy leaders and enhances the experiences and outcomes for all PreK-12 students.
- National Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255
- HELP Line 951-686-4357
- Crisis Line text CNUSD to 741-741
- Safe house text SHHELP to 274-637
California Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
- Students will learn and engage in research-based practices that have been shown to boost wellbeing, strengthen resilience, and even increase happiness! The strategies they will learn also strengthen social-emotional competencies such as self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and positive relationship skills.
- From now until June 30, 2020, you can get it for FREE with code BREATHE20
The community of Santiago High School cultivates compassionate, innovative, and responsible students by providing opportunities for students to meet the challenges of the 21st century to become productive, contributing members of society.
This mission of Santiago High School’s Counseling Department is to provide all students with a strong foundation in the academic, social-emotional, and career domains of development.
Counselors provide social-emotional supports that address the needs of students while encouraging them to become lifelong learners and productive members of society through a Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) approach. Counselors use data to create college and career readiness programs that prepare students to compete in the global market. Counselors create opportunities for academic rigor whether students will be entering a university, community college, vocational school, military, or the workforce.