History of Shapewear
2. Girdles were considered essential garments by many women from the 1920's to the 1960's, and today have evolved into what we know as spanx.
3. A girdle is an elastic undergarment designed to shape and smoothes a women's figure.
4. Most contemporary girdles are made form interwoven nylon, Lycra Spandex, and most recently Powernet.
5. All girdles are designed with some kind of stretchable rubberlike fabric.
6. To help define your hourglass shape and promote good posture.
7.It is known when the first shape wear idea occurred to man, or whether the first practitioner invented the idea out of genuine concern.
8.Most fashion historians agree that the modern girdle was invented around 1910 by the French designer Paul Poreit.
9. Compared to the fashions of the period 1830-1910, Poiret's revolutionary designs placed much less emphasis on the waist, and fit much closer to the body at the hips and derriere.
10. Modern girdles are generally classified as "Light-Compression", "Medium-Compression", or "Strong-Compression ".