Frankford Middle School Enews
7th grade Football v. Wilson
Monday, Oct. 17th, 5:30pm
700 North Murphy Road
8th grade girls volleyball v. Renner
Monday, Oct. 17th, 6:45pm
5701 West Parker Road
7th grade girls volleyball v. Renner
Monday, Oct. 17th, 6pm
7706 Osage Plaza Parkway
8th grade Football V. Wilson
Tuesday, Oct. 18th, 5:30pm
700 North Murphy Road
· Basketball Tryouts are coming up quickly. ALL students trying out must have a completed UIL physical turned into the coach before they can tryout. No exceptions. Don’t wait if your son or daughter needs to get a physical. Tryouts take place over three days and students are expected to attend all three days. Students should come dressed in athletic clothes and ready to show the coaches what they can do. Students trying out will be scored on a variety of skills and observations by the coaches. Here is the tryout schedule:
o 7th Grade Girls- October 31st-November 2nd (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)- 6:45-8:10AM in the gym
o 8th Grade Girls- October 31st-November 2nd (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)- 3:45-5:30PM in the gym
o 7th Grade Boys- November 3rd, 4th, & 7th (Thursday, Friday, Monday)- 6:45-8:10AM in the gym
o 8th Grade Boys- November 3rd, 4th, & 7th (Thursday, Friday, Monday)- 3:45-5:30 in the gym
· Tuesday, October 18th is our designated FMS PINK OUT football game for breast cancer awareness. We will be taking on the Wilson Rams at Kimbrough Stadium. The B-Team game is at 5:30 and the A-Team game is at 7:00. PINK OUT shirts can be purchased on the PTA website. www.frankfordpta.org.
· Come out and support our student athletes. Game schedules for football and volleyball can be found on the FMS website. Come show your support for our program and students. For all middle school athletic events Adults = $4 and Students=$2.
Frankford Middle School
Spirit Week- Red Ribbon Week
Red Ribbon Week - Oct. 24 - Oct. 28
Dress Up Days
· Monday - Lei Off Drugs (Hawaiian Attire)
· Tuesday - Buddy Up Against Drugs (Twin Day)
· Wednesday - Warm Up Wednesday
· Thursday - Celebrate Being Drug Free (wear something from your favorite holiday)
· Friday - Blue Out (Show everyone that Frankford students are Drug Free)
We are in need of guest speakers for our AVID classes. Some of our very best guest speakers have come from our Frankford community!Please take a moment and think if you know of anyone who would be willing to talk to our students about their Career or College experience.
Do you know anyone (husband, wife, relative, neighbor, friend...) who fits any of these categories or descriptions:
Legal or Politics
CPA/Accountant or Financial Advisor
Pilot/ Air Traffic Controller
Designer--of any kind (Game Designer, Clothing designer etc..)
Some who has an inspiring story-- came from nothing and is successful!
Current COLLEGE STUDENT (to present when they are home visiting!)
Any other career that would be interesting
If you think you might know of someone who would be willing to come talk to our AVID classes, please check with them and then let me know if they are interested!
Next, send their contact information to email@example.com and I will contact them to see when they are available.
Thank you for helping us!
Frankford AVID Coordinator
Did you know?!?!?!?
Drug and Alcohol Prevention Information: “Did You Know”
Did you know…The Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) has opened a new website called Get Smart About Drugs. This website has some excellent information for parents, teachers, and students. They have focused the last few weeks on Heroin and Opioids. According to the DEA, 580 people in the US will try heroin for the first time today. Check out this website! https://www.getsmartaboutdrugs.com/#