By: Jiwon Byun
- Flower/tree-Flowering Dogwood
- Song-"Carry Me Back to Old Virginny"
- Joined Union-10th state
- Population-8.326 million
- Nickname-Old Dominon;Mother of Presidents
Virginia's colonial history
- 1607-Beginning of Virginia began when settlers arrived in Jamestown.
- 1611-John Rolfe introduces tobacco seeds.
- 1776-Thomas Jefferson writes the Declaration of Independence. Therefore, America becomes a free country. (Virginia becomes the 10th state in the U.S.
- 1789-George Washington becomes the 1st U.S president.
Virginia's weird laws
- Culpeper-no one may wash a mule on a sidewalk.
- Prince William County-it is illegal to have a skunk as a pet.
- Richmond-it is illegal to flip a coin in a restaurant to see who pays for coffee.
- Victoria-it is illegal to skate down the sidewalk of main street.
- Waynesboro-it is illegal for a woman to drive up a car up main street unless her husband is in the front of a car waving a red flag.
My report has been about Virginia. In my report, I have talked about Virginia's quick facts, Virginia's colonial history, and Virginia's weird laws. I hope your head is filled with facts about Virginia, and that you have enjoyed my presentation.