Oak Ridge High School Newsletter
Dear Oak Ridge War Eagle Family –
At Oak Ridge High School, we know that one of the most important parts of our success is YOU – our Oak Ridge parents, guardians, friends, and community members! We invite you to come see all that our school has to offer at our annual open house. While traditionally a school’s open house is reserved for presentations from teachers, this year we are creating a more comprehensive program to showcase all that our War Eagles have to offer!
We have many exciting activities planned to give you a snapshot the great things that are happening at Oak Ridge High School every day, and you and your student will be able to see even more ways to get engaged both in and out of the classroom. Our flexible schedule for open house will allow you to:
· Explore clubs/organizations/CTE classes/activities available at ORHS
· Meet your student’s teachers
· Learn how to access your student’s grades and online information
· See performances from our amazing Fine Arts programs
· And much more!
We invite you to come early and enjoy dinner with your War Eagle family as well! We have several food trucks that will be on Oak Ridge School Road beginning at 5:30 so you can enjoy dinner, browse the activity fair, and enjoy some Fine Arts performances before meeting your student’s teachers.
We will have student volunteers available to help you navigate the building as you enjoy the “come and go” style of the evening. For all of our football fans, we will make sure to update you on the score of the Texans vs. Saints game throughout the night! A full schedule of events is located online at http://orhs.conroeisd.net.
Thank you for being a part of the Oak Ridge family and supporting all of our War Eagles! We look forward to seeing you at open house!
Principal, Oak Ridge HS
Principal, Oak Ridge HS 9th Grade Campus
Academic Letter Jackets
Students were able to pick up their packets for Academic Letter Jackets in both cafeterias during lunch on Thursday and Friday this week. Contact your counselor if you have questions.
TAFE Elects New Officers
The Oak Ridge Chapter of TAFE (Texas Association of Future Educators) elected new officers this week. Congratulations to those elected!
Health Science Checks Blood Pressure
As part of the health science curriculum students in Dr. Halbert's class did blood pressure screenings for Oak Ridge HS Teachers demonstrating practical applications to in-class learning.
Academic Letter Jackets
TAFE Elects New Officers
Pep Rally Registration
The first pep rally is Friday, September 6, 2019 - have your child register by clicking here. You must be logged into your CISD google account to register.
- If your student's grade shows as a "Z," the gradebook is calculating that as a zero, but the teacher is indicating that the student still has an opportunity to turn in the work. The average you see is a reflection of what the student's average will be if they do not turn in their assignment. This frequently happens when a student is absent from class, and many teacher's use this as a way to remind them that they have work that is due. When the assignment is turned in, the teacher will change the "Z" to the grade that the student received.
- If your student's grade shows a "0," your student received a zero on that assignment. The numerical score indicates that the student does not have an opportunity to turn in the work any longer. The average that the gradebook is calculating is a true reflection of the student's actual average.
PSAT Testing - 9th, 10th, and 11th Grade Students - October 16, 2019
All students in 10th and 11th grade will take the PSAT, Preliminary SAT, exam during the school day on Wednesday, October 16th. The exam is free for all 10th and 11th grade students, so no action is needed from you to register your student for the exam.
The PSAT test is optional and available to all interested 9th grade students. The cost of the test for 9th grade students is $18. To register your freshman student, please purchase on SchoolCash Online. Registration for freshmen students is due on September 16th.
For more information about PSAT, please go to the CollegeBoard website.
Upcoming Dates and Events
- September 2nd - Labor Day - No School
- September 9th - Open House (Both Campuses), 5:30pm - 8:00pm
- September 16th - Counselor Night for Seniors
- September 20th - End of First Six Weeks
- September 23rd - Counselor Night for Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors
- September 25th - Homecoming Parade
- September 28th - Homecoming Dance @ Oak Ridge High School
Monday, Sep. 23rd, 7:30am to Saturday, Sep. 28th, 11pm
27330 Oak Ridge School Road
We will update spirit days in a later newsletter, but make sure you have your calendars clear for the Fall Festival and Homecoming Parade on Wednesday, September 25 from 6pm - 8pm at Oak Ridge High School. The parade will go from Oak Ridge Elementary School to War Eagle Stadium and will end with a pep rally and a carnival. There will be food trucks and fun for the whole family.
The Homecoming Dance is on Saturday, September 28 from 8pm-11pm at Oak Ridge High School. The theme of the dance is 1980s! Tickets can be purchased through SchoolCash Online for $20 or can be purchased at the door for $30.00
Oak Ridge Ninth Grade Campus Phone Number: 281-465-5000
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner.
For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.