What's Happening in PBS?
Week of 11/16-11/24
Because next week is a short week...I am combining this week and next week together into one lovely newsletter. :)
For this week, we now have a basic understanding of diabetes and how it works. We start out with feedback and what it is and then the kids will make a few flow charts to illustrate feedback for body temperature and glucose regulation. This will take us Monday and Tuesday. The rest of the week, we will be covering macromolecules and working with our macromolecule puzzles. I will send out a video on Friday that they need to watch to be prepared for the lab on Monday. After the weekend, we will be doing the food testing lab on Monday and then finishing up the conclusion questions on Tuesday before we take a break for Thanksgiving!
As for HOSA...
- Tuesday during collaboration - Coffee sales training meeting for anyone interested in selling hot beverages in the morning. They have to be available to be at school at 6:40 in the morning on their assigned day.
- Tuesday - HOSA official dress day; this is for students who are desperate for 20 PD points (they have to have 50 by the end of the semester). The instructions will be found here: https://www.smore.com/hkgquhttps://www.smore.com/hkgqu Please pay close attention to them, if they do not meet qualifications, they will not earn the PD points.
- Wednesday - Surgery watch party after school in the PD room.
- Monday (11/24) - Clinical Research Nurse Guest Speaker
- Tuesday (11/25) - Biomed Morning
As always, let me know if you have any questions!