July 14, 2022
Greetings Simpson Parents,
Thank you for making Simpson Elementary such an awesome place for our students to learn! Our theme for the 2022-2023 school year is, “Welcome Home where Superstars SHINE and the future is BRIGHT!” This theme was inspired by YOU, our family-oriented community which makes EVERYONE feel right at HOME! Your unwavering commitment of love shown to our teachers, administrators, and staff is what makes Simpson feel so special! Having this combined shared spirit of collaboration, enthusiasm, and supporting those in need, is what propels student achievement to even greater heights! I want you all to know that I VALUE each and every one of you! I love telling anyone who will listen, that my school is the MOST giving, caring, and thoughtful place to work! I look forward to you all coming HOME! Back to school orientation/meet your teacher day is Thursday, July 28, 2022. Please make sure that you view the PTC link via our school website to sign up for an appointment. Please see additional information regarding Meet Your Teacher Day (MYTD), pre-ordered supplies, transportation, and PTA documents via our school website. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or our administrative team.
Ms. Brandy Bosak-Grades 1st, 3rd, & 5th
Ms. Jeanette Johnson-Grades K, 2nd, & 4th
Ms. Stephanie Wells-Special Needs & Connections
Proud to be your principal,
Dr. Taffeta Connery
Popsicles in the Park
Open House- Meet Your Teacher Day
Simpson Elementary will have our Open House-Meet Your Teacher Day (MYTD) for the 2022-23 school year in person on Thursday, July 28 from 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. We will allow two families at a time (with 15 min. intervals each) in a classroom to meet their new teachers. Parents will have an opportunity to schedule an appointment time via our Parent-Teacher Conference (PTC) Link. Those parents who desire a zoom conference session, please email your child's teacher ahead of time, if interested.
During MYTD, parents will have the opportunity to verify enrollment information, pick up pre-ordered school supplies, agenda planners and receive PTA information.
play2learn- have you heard?
Simpson is excited to offer an opportunity for parents with children ages birth to five! We are so blessed to have one of our veteran, retired, and former Simpson Kindergarten Teacher, Ms. Sharon Terry! She will be our Play2Learn instructor during the 22-23 SY. Therefore, please help us spread the good news to all of your family and friends, who may have children in this age range to call the school for additional information.
Want to learn more about how to be your child's best teacher through PLAY? Simpson Elementary is now offering the GCPS from Birth-To-FIVE Program for you and your child!
- Learn how to find teachable moments in everyday life activities
- Learn how to engage your child in play
- Learn how to continue play activities at home and on the or anywhere
- Learn about your child's educational milestones
- Learn how to get your child ready for school
Call the main office today for details at 770-417-2400.
GCPS Return to School~ Staggered start
Gwinnett County Public Schools will have a staggered start to the 22-23 school year. The first day of school for ALL students will begin on Wednesday, August 3rd but ONLY K-1st will begin in person while 2nd-5th will begin the first day digitally. Please see GCPS 2022-23 school calendar and details below.
- Wednesday, August 3rd - Students in grades K, 1, 6, 9, and students with special needs who are served in a small group will start in person. All other students will participate in digital learning at home. If your child is in need of a device in grades 2nd-5th, please see our website for details, prior to MYTD.
- Thursday, August 4th - In-person instruction begins for all other grades.
Device and Internet Access
Access for students (devices & internet) in the digital platform is important as more students engage in the digital learning resources.
* Every 2nd-5th student will need a device in order to fully participate in digital learning for our staggered back-to-school days. We have created a tech survey link via our school website for parents to complete prior to MYTD if in need to check out a device.
GCPS Students will have access to a meal (breakfast and lunch) throughout the year for each child. However, due to the expiration of USDA Covid-19 waivers, students will now be charged for meals based on their individual eligibility for 2022-2023 School Year.
Therefore, student meals will return to full price at this time or if desire, please complete a free/reduced lunch application on-line via our school website or in person during MYTD.
- For our school staggered return on Thursday, August 3rd, meals will be offered at the curbside for those students in grades 2nd - 5th between the hour of 11AM -12 PM.
Meal prices for elementary students below:
Student breakfast -$1.50
Student lunch -$2.25
Adult Breakfast -$2.50
Adult Lunch -$3.75
*The adult bar is available to both adult guests and staff throughout the school year.
2022-23 School Supply Lists
Simpson safety plans
GCPS schools have established precautionary practices within the school to minimize the risk of infection and/or spread of COVID-19.
Guidance is subject to change based on updated recommendations from CDC/Department of Public Health and will be communicated to local school HRT members.
- Throughout the school year teachers will provide opportunities for regular handwashing.
- We will continue to implement a custodial schedule/process to clean high-touch areas during the school day.
- Clearly communicate and follow COVID-19 criteria for return to work/school in consultation with county nurses.
- Face coverings/masks are optional for staff, students, and visitors.
Action Items for School Plan
- Ensure each common area and classroom will have hand sanitizer available for use.
- Teachers will continue to provide ample time for restroom and handwashing opportunities.
- A custodial schedule will be utilized to ensure cleaning of high-touch areas is occurring throughout the school day.
*Protocols for reporting COVID-19 diagnosis and contact exposure will be followed and reported immediately to administrators/district health officials.
* In addition, if you or anyone in your home is sick and has tested positive for COVID-19, please contact our school nurse, Amy Norris immediately.
Need Afterschool Care?
The Norcross Junior Blue Devils Swim Team Invitation for 4th and 5th Graders
Georgia Platinum Award 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2016 and 2019!
2010 Georgia School of Excellence!
2012 and 2018 National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence!
Spirit Wear on sale until AUGUST 14!
*Store will close at midnight on Sunday, August 14th
Please visit THIS LINK to purchase your gear.