STARS FOOTBALL EXTRA POINTS
APRIL 16TH - 22ND
TRUE NORTH: SCN FOOTBALL VALUE SYSTEM
Moving into the 2023 season, I wanted to freshen up our Northstar Mentality. Ten years ago, our 2013 class developed the Iron Star Code. Each point on the 5-pointed star is recognized to represent one belief that our program will be built on. Each point on the star is equal to the one before it. The values of Leadership, Investment, Selflessness, Accountability, and Preparation make up our North Star. In the center of the completed stars lies the T.E.A.M. For the past ten seasons and every moment in between, we have remained consistent in our steadfast belief in these five values. They are our "True North". These beliefs will be our compass in all we do as a program on and off the field. Much like the Northstar in maritime days, we will use our "True North" as the compass we will follow in the journey to the elite.
For this reason, we will be renaming our Iron Star Code as the St. Charles North "True North" mentality. I am proud of these words and what they mean. I have seen them transform lives, including my own. I hope you can share in our "True North" words and discuss these values with your son or daughter as much as possible. These behaviors win, and belief must exist in our journey to the elite. As we say, championship behaviors preceded championships. We must commit ourselves to these habits until they become our rituals.
I am passionate about these ideologies. I have spent the past ten years working relentlessly to develop this program and the people who are a part of it. While teaching is my job, coaching is my calling. I want to make this program the best high school athletics program in Illinois. I do not say this to toot my own horn; I am sharing this with you to provide insight into what I envision this program can be. The bottom line is that this program is significant to me, as are all of you. I cannot wait to take on the journey of this coming season.
Rob Pomazak Head Football Coach
Vision: Connect the community through the game of football
Purpose: Connect your "Why" to a greater purpose.
Message from Coach Pomazak
OPEN GYMS SCHEDULED FOR THURSDAY
WHO: ANY STUDENT IN SCN
WHAT: FOOTBALL OPEN GYM SESSION (PLAYER-LED)
WHERE: SCN GYMS
WHY: BEGIN TO DEVELOP OUR FOOTBALL SKILL SETS
HOW: 60 MINS OF FOOTBALL MOVEMENT AND INDIVIDUAL DRILLS
* NOTE WE WILL BE ON TURF IF WEATHER PERMITS; BRING BOTH GYM SHOES AND CLEATS.
Please get these dates on your calendars
- April 19th: SCN 4TH PHASE MEETING 7 PM LOCATION ROOM 302
- May 17th SCN Future Stars & Summer Kickoff Meeting (7 pm)
- Summer Camp Schedule to be released by the end of January
- DEFINITE DEAD PERIODS (NO TEAM ACTIVITIES)
NEXT ACADEMIC SUPPORT IS APRIL 25th
Coach Pomazak is currently scheduling one on one meetings with any players in need of support. Meetings can happen during the day. Please email Coach to schedule an appointment.
URGENT! DO NOT WAIT ! SIGN UP FOR SUMMER CAMPS NOW
SCN FOOTBALL SUMMER CAMPS ARE NOW LIVE ON PUSH COIN
Freshman Sports Performance Camp
Freshman TEAM camp
Sophomore Sports Performance Camp
Sophomore TEAM camp
Varsity Sports Performance Camp
Varsity TEAM camp
NIU overnight (details not on push coin) registration is in July through SCN FB
SCN FOOTBALL NEEDS YOUR HELP
APRIL SPORTS PERFORMANCE FOCUS
ELITE LEADER MICHAEL HYDE
STARS 7'S WK 3 6PM BOTH 18 / 16 U
Reminder to players only. Schedule your 1 on 1 phone meeting with coach Pomazak.Coach will give 15 minutes to each player in the program to discuss their role and plan within the program. Coach Pomazak will not seek out players; they must schedule
SPEEDSTARS ...THAT'S A WRAP
SCN FOOTBALL PARTNERS WITH i9 Flag to create JR STARS FOOTBALL PROGRAM
- St Charles North Football and i9 Sports partner to create and launch Jr Stars Flag Football Feeder Program THIS Spring!
- All Teams are required to have a Parent Volunteer Coach (i9 Sports nor SCN supply team coaches)
- 1st -8th Grade Players Primrose Farm Park Location Only Sundays
- Season starts April 16th Register using Team Code: SCN23.
- Play and Train like a Star!
- For more information contact Coach Pomazak at Robert.Pomazak@d303.org or Mike Taormina at Mike.Taormina@i9sports.com
Freshman Interest Form
LET'S SUPPORT OUR BOOSTERS! GET OUT APRIL 23RD !
4TH PHASE PARENT GROUP
SCN 4TH PHASE PARENT GROUP
With the start of the off-season strength program right around the corner, our Stars football players could use your help in supplying them with post-workout treats. Please review the list below and we will schedule weekly drops after the Thanksgiving holiday.
Drop off: contact Danielle Taormina (firstname.lastname@example.org or Coach Pomazak email@example.com
APRIL 15TH BEGINS THE EVALUATION PERIOD
- April 15th the NCAA evaluation period begins
- Face-to-face visits off-site can resume
- Coaches can watch players perform football maneuvers
- Players have your twitter handle easy to find (ie @firstname_lastnam)
- DM's open
- cell phone number & email on twitter
- transcripts for Sem 1 are now available
- request an official transcript from our registrar (1 dollar)
- open it / scan it and keep it on your desktop for colleges
RECRUITING 411 RECAP
St.Charles North was the first team in the country to develop a virtual recruiting program. Currently the first draft of the program is ready. Additions and changes will be made. We are limited to profile #'s . We will prioritize grade when needed.
Any player interested in being recruited must fill out this form in order to be included on the recruiting platform for the 23 recruiting cycle. Failure to complete this form will result in not appearing on forms.
College Visitation Rules
1. Coach Pomazak emails administration scheduled visits for the coming day, including which students have been asked to attend by visiting college coach.
2. Students will receive a pass before the scheduled visit.
3. Students will only have 15 minutes to visit. This will help limit the loss of instructional time.
4. If students have any assessments during the visit, they are not permitted to come.
5. Teachers have the right to ask students not to leave class.
6. Students should refrain from missing the same class twice a row.
SCN 4TH PHASE CURRENTLY UNDERCONSTRUCTION
ALL PARENTS SHOULD BE ON REMIND APP FOR DAILY COMMUNICATIONS
5 MONTH PLANNING OUTLOOK
Incoming Freshman Activities Night ( new)
Pound for Pound Week
Parent Night Out Clinic
Spring Sports Performance
Open Gyms Begin
SpeedStars strength & conditioning (6th-8th)
D1 Spring College Practice Visit
Spring Sports Performance
SpeedStars strength & conditioning (6th-8th)
High School 7 ON 7 INDOOR
Open Gyms Conclude
Freshman Signing Day
Carmine Bastone earns full scholarship at Northwestern
BEN FURNTEY DONATES BOWL GAME JERSEY
BILLY DUROCHER '18 SIGNS WITH LIBERTY ON NLI SIGNING DAY
Former SCN Star Billy Durocher signs with Liberty
ALUMNI AT THE NEXT LEVEL
Matthew Fell - Massachusetts Maritime
Tyler Nubin, Minnesota- Awaiting Bowl Game
Jordan Nubin Minnesota
Ben Furtney Purdue Big 10 Championship
Carmine Bastone Northwestern- Season over
Mike Hohensee NWMS - Season OVer
Deji Oshin St. Ambrose- Season Over
Egon Hein UW-Whitewater - Season Over
Steven Hein UW - Whitewater - Season Over
Michael Priami UW-Platteville - Season Over
Jim Durocher UW-Platteville- Season Over
Ryan Doherty UW-Platteville- Season Over
Dan Kowaleski Dayton- Season OVer
Jack Dummer UWW- Season Over
Johnny Ambrogio Carthage- Season Over Graduated !
Thomas Kellen Northern Michigan- Season Over
Billy Durocher - Liberty University
Joe Curzon SAU- Season Over
Luke Sharkey SAU- Season Over
George Litgen SAU- Season Over
Tobi Adedara - Dartmouth (graduated)
Bradon Eicker- Transfer Portal after graduating from San Diego