Updates from Mrs. Froning
May 8, 2022
The purpose of the Oakley Park learning community is to ensure social- emotional development for all students so they can reach their full academic and personal potential.
Principal's Survey for Parents
Oakley Park School Times
First Bell: 8:55 AM
Tardy Bell: 9:00 AM
Dismissal: 4:00 PM
1/2 Day Dismissal: 12:25 PM
Staggered Dismssal times:
3:45 pm begin calling Owl Pick Up numbers & Student sign out
3:56 pm Walkers & Prime time and first of three bus numbers
3:58 pm continue calling bus numbers and student names
4:07 Buses depart from Oakley Park
*Owl Pick Up numbers and student names will continue to be called throughout the dismissal period.
24 Hr Attendance Line: 248-956-4190
Here are some important highlights:
- The big All School Field Trip/Field Day is coming up on May 18 (see additional information below). We will need lots of parent volunteers and chaperones - look for a sign up to come out early this week!
- Spring Fair is set for June 2. This event takes place in the evening and this year it will be held at Walnut Creek Middle School due to the OPE construction. Save the date!
- Thank you to all who attended our final PTA meeting of the school year last week. Congratulations to our newly elected PTA board for 2022-23.
- Staff Appreciation Week was a HUGE success! Thank you to everyone who volunteered their time or brought in food or supplies, and to Cora Liebowitz for coordinating!
All School Field Trip & Field Day 2022
Likewise, our traditional field day was put on hold for the past two years.
This year, we are excited to do BOTH events....on the same day, Wednesday, May 18! ALL students and staff will travel (via WLCSD buses) to Dodge Park 5 where we will spend the day celebrating! Along with a fun variety of field day events planned by Mrs. Grinnell and Mrs. VanHulle, we will have other fun activities sponsored by our PTA.
While we finalize a few more details, we wanted to share the date as it will take many volunteers/chaperones to help ensure this event is FUN and safe for all.
Volunteer sign up coming soon!
The footings/foundation work is well under way! The construction site is a busy place most days and I know many kids enjoy watching the workers do their thing.
Scope of work:
- New lighting throughout the building
- Media Center renovation
- Gymnasium addition
- Restroom upgrades/improvements
- New carpet throughout
- New Roof
- Entrance Canopy Modifications
- Security Upgrades
- Network Upgrades
- Cafeteria Renovations (current gymnasium will be the new cafeteria)
- Music Room Renovations (the current cafeteria will be the new music room)
2021-2022 Student Voluntary Accident Insurance
Other Helpful Links:
Optional COVID testing now available at the ESC
The District is now offering optional COVID testing to our staff, students, and parents. Both Rapid and PCR tests are available. The testing will take place at the Educational Services Center (850 Ladd Road, Building D Walled Lake, MI 48390) on Tuesdays and Fridays from 2-7 p.m.
The COVID testing staff, provided by a third party, will be responsible for letting people in the side door on the south side of the building.
· If you have insurance, your insurance provider will be billed.
· If you do not have insurance, there is a cost of $110.00 for a PCR test and $50.00 for a rapid test - This comes as a result of the Federal Government no longer providing funding for testing.
There will be signage placed both inside and outside of the building. To set up an appointment for testing, please complete this requisition form.
Download/Save/Print the 2022-23 WLCSD school year calendar at the following link: https://wlcsd.org/downloads/district_calendars/wlcsd_2022-23_calendar.pdf
Karen Clark, Principals Secretary
Kim Waling, Building Secretary
Main Office: 248-956-4100
Attendance Line: 248-956-4190
Prime Time Care: 248-956-4199