By Bhumika Dutta
Everyday, people like us face adversities and have to overcome them. We have to learn to be resilient and try another path. People like Noah Galloway, Maury Wills, Jackie Robinson, and more have overcome their struggles and obstacles. Perseverance means steadfastness in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success.
Jim was a basketball coach. He was unfortunately diagnosed with cancer. He only had one year to live. Jim decided to use all the time he had. He gave many motivating speeches around the country. Also, he gave a speech where he informed everyone that he was starting a cancer research. It is called The V Foundation for Cancer Research. Jim said that he wanted to help others recover from cancer. He persevered by trying to help others.
Maury Wills and Jackie Robinson
- was rejected to move into major league
- was in minor league for 8.5 years
- stood up for black people
- first black person to play in major league
- both fought for their rights
- both worked hard to play in major league