The Bruin Blast
May 15, 2022
Greetings South Florence,
Greetings South Florence,
As we approach the end of the year, please encourage your student to finish strong with turning in all late work and making sure that they are prepared for final exams. Any student still needing attendance recovery should report to the cafeteria each morning from 7:30 - 8:30 am.
With two weeks left in the 2021-2022 school year, it is time to begin turning in materials and closing out all student fees. Students may turn in textbooks to the main office and Chromebooks to the media center as soon as exams are complete.
Seniors, please make sure to read the "Senior Section" of this week's newsletter. We have included important graduation and baccalaureate information so that all graduates and families feel informed about our upcoming celebrations. Please note that the time for Senior Checkout has been changed to 12:30 - 2:00 pm Friday, May 20th.
Let's make it a great week Bruins!
Excellence is the Expectation
Shand Josey, Principal
Congratulations! You are almost to the finish line! We wish you all the best on your final exams and we look forward to celebrating our seniors next week during Senior Week.
As you complete your final exams, please turn in your Chromebook to the media center and your textbooks to the main office. You may start turning in these materials at any time. The FINAL day for turn-in to be cleared for graduation is Friday, May 20th. We will have stations set up for you to pay fees and turn in materials on this day.
Important dates to remember:
- Thursday, May 19th: All fees and materials need to be paid/turned in on or before this date. Seniors who have outstanding fees and materials will not be eligible to receive graduation tickets.
- Senior Checkout Day including graduation ticket distribution: Friday, May 20th from 12:30 - 2:00. Seniors should come to the Commons Area to pick up tickets. Please bring a picture ID for verification.
- Graduation Rehearsal: Tuesday, May 31st at 8:15 am (mandatory for ALL seniors participating in graduation ceremonies.) Do not wear your cap and gown to rehearsal.
- Baccalaureate Services: Sunday, May 22nd at 2:00 pm (SFHS auditorium). All participating seniors should arrive by 1:00 dressed in cap and gown.
- Senior Week is May 22-27 (including senior walks at elementary schools, senior group photo, class night, and Powderpuff events - see below)
GRADUATION IS WEDNESDAY, JUNE 1st at 10:00 am. GRADUATES SHOULD ARRIVE AT 8:00 am. YOU MUST BE ON TIME TO THE FLORENCE CENTER. You are LATE at 8:15!
All seniors will receive 14 guest tickets for graduation. Tickets will be distributed during Senior Checkout, Friday, May 20th. Graduation is scheduled for Wednesday, June 1st at 10:00 am at the Florence Center. Seating for guests will be general seating with no pre-assigned seats.
We are looking forward to celebrating with you!