Technology for Today's Learners - Dallas Baptist University
Introduction to Educational Technology History and Defining of Educational Technology, State and National Standards
Overview and Objective
- Identify and understand all TEKS within the teacher candidate's content area that relate to the use of technology in the classroom
- Understand the history of instructional/educational technology
- Understand both state and national standards for technology
- Articulate the needs of today's learner in technology-rich environments
Resources and Readings
The History on Instructional Technology
- View the Video: An Introduction to Technology Integration from edutopia.org
- Read the Article: Technology Integration: A Short History from edutopia.org
- Discuss (via Blackboard Discussion Board): What are three new ideas you think are significant from the video and article?
State and National Standard for Technology
In preparation for our lesson plan assignment, please get familiar with the technology standards for your grade level/certification area. In grades K-8, the State of Texas has Technology Applications TEKS. In grades 9-12, you will use the ISTE Standards for Students. We will spend more time during class looking at these standards.
About Your Professor
Office Hours: By appointment
You may call, text or email me. I will respond within 24 hours.
My preferred method of communication is the DBU email listed above.