Comparison of World Religions
- By priests, ministers, monks, and nuns
- Jesus Christ
- They believed in god
- They wanted to tell people about Christianity and Jesus Christ
- 2 billion people were involved and believed in Christianity
- There is on,y one god who watches over and cares for his people
- Jesus Christ was the som of god he died to save humanity from sin his death and resurrection made eternal life possible for others
- Population of 362 million
- The Buddha was what they worshiped
- The founder was Buddha
- They had sacred texts and Dhammapada
- Buddhist monks and nuns were there leaders
- Persons achieve complete peace and happiness (nirvana) by eliminating their attachment to worldly things.
- Nirvana is reached by following the noble Eightfold
- Population of 820 million
- Main gods brahma, Vishnu, Shiva
- No one started it
- Also have sacred texts include Vedas, the Puranas
- Guru, Holy man, Brahmin priest were leaders.
- The soul never dies but is continually reborn
- Persons achieve happiness and enlightenment after they free themselves from their earthly desires
- Freedom from earthly desires comes from a lifetime of worship, knowledge, and virtuous acts.