Converting designs into detailed plans
The level of education required for this job is at least an associates degree.
CAD is an important software used in drafting. Drafters use CAD systems to store technical drawings digitally. People skilled at using CAD are preferred.
The median pay for a drafter is $52,720 per year, $25.35 an hour.
Employment of drafters is expected to decline 3 percent from 2014 to 2024. The growth of employment will vary by specialty. The overall competition of jobs is expected to be strong.
ADDA (American Design Drafting Association) and ACADIA (The Association for Computer Aided Design in Architecture) are a few professional associations created to help further other peoples interest in this profession.
Monday - Friday
Generally 6:00am - 3:00pm or 8:00am - 5:00pm
Summary of responsibilities.
The SolidWorks Drafter will report to the Engineering Services Manager. The role will be responsible for providing the manufacturing floor with part, assembly, and mold drawings. In addition to drawings the incumbent will also be responsible for BOM set-ups and audits for new and existing parts. The job duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Create specification drawings for customers
• Create detailed part drawings for use in production
• Create product assembly drawings
• Create and modify B.O.M.s
• Create and modify 3D models as required
• Create mold set-up drawings for production
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• 2-5 years experience with SolidWorks o Mold tools, Enterprise PDM, Macro experience preferred
• Microsoft Excel Equations, Logic, Macro experience preferred
• Part measurement and inspection experience
• Ability to effectively coordinate and prioritize work
• Strong and effective communication
• Self starter
• High attention to detail
• Ability to identify and improve inefficient work processes
• CNC mill experience preferred
• High School Diploma Required, some college preferred
• CSWA/CSWP preferred