VCR Lesson 6 Presentation
Joseph Scott Jegier
Fill in the blank:
He secretly confronted his brother and ________ him to steal the money from their mom's purse.
- To induce a person in secret to commit a misdeed or a crime.
- To induce someone to give a false testimony.
- subornation - noun
- sub - under
- ornare - equip
- "secretly incite"
Choose the incorrect usage:
- The mob moss suborned the only witness in the case to not testify against him.
- The man reported the subornation to the county clerk, and he exposed the mob boss.
- The rioter loudly suborned the crowd to start throwing rocks.
- She suborned him in the ally to use the gun she gave him to steal from the bank.