Cameron, Riley H, Gwen Pd:2&4 Date:3-9-15
What equipment is needed for dogsledding?
- Bring health foods for the dogs
- Bring gun to protect your dogs and you from wild animals
- Bring cold weather sleeping bag to keep yourself warm
- Get harnesses for dogs so they dont get away
- Bring a sled and Siberian huskies
- But dont bring to many heavy items
What are the rules?
- Dogs have to sleep from 4-8 hours
- Can't force dogs to run too fast
- Play with dogs to energize them
what are some dangers of sledding?
- you can get lost
- you can get stranded in the middle of no where
- extreme weathers
- wild animals
- Dogs can get sick
- sled can break
- Winter Olympic sport
- Practiced more than 100 countries
- The fastest finished time was 8 days, 13 hours, 4 minutes, and 19 seconds
- Racing has been criticized by animal protection organizations