for physical, ecological, and socio-economic threats
- Have low-set eyes, situated far forward, and large, upturned mouths.
- Asian carp can grow up to 60 inches and 110 pounds.
- Asian carp are abundant spawners, spawning multiple times annually, with up to 1 million eggs per spawn.
- Asian carp can jump 10 feet out of the water, and are easily disturbed by watercraft, resulting in thousands of leaping fish.
Where are Asian Carp from ?
All of the species known collectively as Asian carps originated in major river systems in China and Russia.
How did Asian Carp arrive in the United States ?
Why is Asian Carp a threat in the United States ?
List one way that we are trying to manage or eliminate the negative impact of this organism.
- Building Fences
- Sound them out
- Genetically Engineer them
- Harvest them
- Shut them out