December 1, 2019
Quote of the Week
"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have."
We hope that each of you had a Happy Thanksgiving holiday and found some time to rest and relax with friends and family. We have a short window of time this year between Thanksgiving and the winter holiday break. Please continue to keep your students engaged with meaningful lessons and activities throughout these next couple of weeks. We appreciate the job that you do and the care you provide your students. You can't always see when it happens, but you are changing the world with the impact you make on each student. Please let us know how we can support you. Enjoy and spread joy in the week ahead!
Peter, Sarah, and Aaryn
- Shoutouts: To the culture/climate team for organizing the staff tailgate last Monday! To the intervention team and office staff for helping cover duty free lunch last week and this Friday! To Mrs. Shamblin, Mrs. Hazelwood, and Mrs. Letterhos for providing a special day to a former student this past Tuesday. Thank you!
- Winter Celebrations: As discussed in our leadership team meeting, any winter celebrations should be held on Wednesday, December 18. We want to keep this consistent across the school. As a reminder, full feature length films may not be shown. Please let us know if you have any questions.
- December Meetings: We are switching up our December meetings. We will have our rotating PD sessions on December 4. We will have a full faculty meeting on December 11. Both will begin at 2:50 in the media center.
- LifePointe Luncheon: Mentors and members from LifePointe Church will be providing lunch for us this Friday as gift for the holidays. This is the fifth year LifePointe has done this for us, and we are extremely grateful for their partnership. Tables will be setup on the stage for staff to eat and enjoy one another's company. This will be a duty free lunch. Enjoy!
Tammy Therrell, 12/3
Kelsey Clifford, 12/6
- Tuesday, 12/3: ELA PLC's; Watch DOGS Parent Meeting at 6:00; Mr. Fantone will be at SES for the day.
- Wednesday, 12/4: Principal's Meeting at 10:00; PD Sessions at 2:50
- Thursday, 12/5: Math PLC's; Chorus Concert at 6:00; PTA Spirit Night at Moe's; Marsters at the DO at 12:30-2:00
- Friday, 12/6:Spirit Day; Blue Pops; LifePointe Holiday Lunch (Duty Free)
- Wednesday, 12/11: Faculty Meeting at 2:50