FPHS Parent and Student Memo
July 5, 2021
FPS District Equity Statement
AREAS OF FOCUS AND IMPROVEMENT:
- Equity and Social Justice
- Improved Instruction
- Family and Community Engagement
Our Equity Team would like to partner with our parents and students to fulfill our mission to support our students, staff, and families by identifying and dismantling systems that perpetuate, exacerbate, or produce inequities based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc. If you would like to collaborate with us, please let us know HERE. If you want to learn more about our commitment to EQUITY and ANTI-RACISM, feel free to contact any of our FPHS Equity Team members: Hartley, Marzano, Wright, Laban, Hackney, Apelu, Brist, Call, Chapman, Detweiler, Fineman, Goodrum, Inman, Kaunda, B. Lee, Martin, Plaskett, Quill, Roscoe, Scroger, Shoopman, Washam, C. Lee, McNeil, Lovell, Wacker, Tracy, and T. Johnson.
Dear Parents and Students,
- This has been an incredibly challenging year with Covid, remote learning, and hybrid learning. Kudos and thanks to all of you for continuously trying to make the best of a very difficult time. We wish you all a wonderful, restful, re-energizing, and safe summer! We hope to get back to something that feels a lot more "normal" in the fall. As we receive guidance from our local health officials regarding the start of the school year, we'll continue to share information with you. Take care and stay safe!
- Make sure you're following us on Social Media: FPHS Facebook page; FPHS Twitter page; FPHS Instagram page.
Visit HERE to view previous Parent and Student Memos.
Please, make sure you have all the info below. We miss you and wish you all the very best. Stay safe and be well!
- Jun 29 - Aug 6: Summer School -- T, W, Th from 8:35am to 12:35pm.
- Aug 31: First day of School
- Sep 3: No school
- Sep 6: Labor Day -- no school
- Sep 15, 22, and 29: Early release Wednesdays
2021 FPHS Graduation Highlight Video!
Immunizations for 2021-22:
What do vaccines cost?
In Washington, all children under age 19 can get free vaccines from their health care provider. Providers may charge an office visit fee and a fee to give the vaccine, called an administration fee. If you cannot pay the administration fee, you can ask your health care provider to waive the cost.
Where do I get more information? Where do I get forms?
For more information about immunization requirements, including links to the forms mentioned above, visit https://www.doh.wa.gov/SCCI.
Please, make sure you're in compliance before the first day of school!
JULY Culture Calendar
JULY is ...
- FRENCH AMERICAN HERITAGE MONTH. Learn more HERE.
- 7/1: CANADA DAY. Learn more HERE.
- 7/4: INDEPENDENCE DAY. Learn more HERE.
- 7/11: WORLD POPULATION DAY. Learn more HERE.
- 7/18: NELSON MANDELA DAY. Learn more HERE.
- 7/26: DISABILITY INDEPENDENCE DAY. Learn more HERE.
- 7/30: INTERNATIONAL DAY OF FRIENDSHIP. Learn more HERE.
The Cardinal Character Trait for July is INDEPENDENCE. Learn more HERE.
LIFE AFTER HIGH SCHOOL:
Family and Community Engagement
The Franklin Pierce High School Food & Hygiene Pantry is available for all students and their families.
Use this LINK to view our current food & hygiene pantry options. Please mark the items you need and staff will put together a bag or box. We will contact you when your bag is ready for pick up or delivery.
Additional ways to request items: You can request a paper copy of this form by contacting Bonita Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 253-298-3837 to request items via phone.
Social Justice, Equity, and Anti-Racist Resources:
- Please, watch the video below to learn about some things people with disabilities wish you knew.
The first step in ALLYSHIP is LISTENING.
The second step is BELIEVING.
The third step is ACTION. Get involved and create the positive change you want to see in the world.
FPHS Athletes and Families,
Thank you for helping Franklin Pierce HS get through numerous challenges this year and getting our students back into interscholastic athletics. We now look towards next year and back to growing the programs at Franklin Pierce HS. If we didn’t already know… or we had forgotten… This last year reminded us of the impact athletics has on our students and on the culture at Franklin Pierce HS. Continue to reach out to coaches and programs. Remain connected with your teams as we head off into the summer. Franklin Pierce HS wants to continue the momentum built in these last four months and into the next school year.
Please see contact information for all of our programs below.
Cross Country (B&G)
Swim & Dive (Girls)
Swim & Dive (Boys)
Track & Field (Boys)
Track & Field (Girls)
- District Website: https://www.fpschools.org/
- Franklin Pierce HS Website
- FPS Remote Learning Website
- IT Help Desk for Students and Parents: 253-298-4647, 7:30AM to 4PM.
- Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI)
- FPS Breakfast and Lunch Program: www.fpschools.org/meals
- FPS Education Resources: https://www.fpschools.org/exended-closure-resources-and-information/closure-educational-resources
- Want to add Canvas to your phone? Android or iOS. Once you download the app, search "fpschools" to find our district.
- FPHS Facebook page.
- FPHS Twitter page.
- FPHS Instagram page.
- Information about GRADES and GRADING.
- Information about BUSES.
- District CALENDAR.
- Information about ATTENDANCE.
- How to access and use DORA.
- Zoom Tutorial HERE.
COVID- 19 Resources:
- District Website: https://www.fpschools.org/
- Gov. Inslee's COVID-19 updates web page: https://www.governor.wa.gov/tags/covid-19-coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- District resources and partners: https://www.fpschools.org/departments/family-engagement-office/community-resources
- Check with your phone and internet provider: many providers are offering free and/or unlimited data, internet etc. during the Stay Home, Stay Healthy order.
- Financial Resources: https://dfi.wa.gov/coronavirus/financial-resources