#NSCW & OSCA Counselor of the Day!
#NSCW16 #OKSCCHAT #OKSCW16
#NSCW Day 2 - School Counselor of the Day!
Today we feature a wonderful school counselor for #NSCW (National School Counseling Week) Tish MacDonald. Each day this week we will feature a school counselor and give them an opportunity to brag on themselves and tell us about themselves!
Tish MacDonald is our featured School Counselor of the Day!
Tish MacDonald, Midde School Counselor in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Twitter Handle: @soblessedtmacd
How long have you been a counselor?
- This is my 26th year in education with 19 of those as a counselor.
What made you choose counseling?
- I wanted to be a counselor to help people and try to better understand what human behavior.
What is your favorite book?
- My favorite book is "Three Weeks with My Brother" by Nicholas Sparks.
Tell us about a memorable moment as a school counselor.
- I have so many memorable moments it is hard to choose one. I think it's seeing former students who have become successful adults.
What is your vision for the field of school counseling?
- My vision for the field of counseling would to see the student counselor ratio drop to a level where we could build better relationships with every student and their families and to create a sense of community and belonging for everyone.
Where would you go on a dream vacation?
- My dream vacation is just getting the chance to travel. San Fransisco and Yosemite are next on my list!