A weekly update from the West Bloomfield School District
Forhan joins Board of Education
Read more about Ms. Forhan's appointment on the district website.
Lakers Online NWEA Testing - Sept. 21-25
This will be done remotely this year, so please click here for important instructions to make sure your child is ready to test.
Look for information from your child's teacher regarding exact testing times and days.
Lakers Online Middle School Instructions
Students will take the Reading assessment with their ELA teacher and the Math assessment with their Math teacher.
ELA: September 21 (Hours 3,5,7)
ELA: September 22 (Hours 2,4,6)
Math: September 24 (Hours 3,5,7)
Math: September 25 (Hours 2,4,6)
Students will sign on to their zoom sessions at their scheduled time, teachers will then direct them how to log into the test session and be available to assist with any questions/complications/concerns. Please make sure your child is using a WBSD device.
For more information, including making sure your device is ready for testing, please see this document: LOMS NWEA MAP Information for Parents
Canvas Login Information
Additional Canvas resources can be found at www.wbsd.org/canvas.
Food Service Update - 2020-21 School Year
Please contact Anne Stevens with Nutrition Services questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (248) 865-6733.
WBSD accepts mask donation from Rotary
The West Bloomfield School District recently accepted a donation of 160 FDA approved N-95 masks from the Rotary District 6380. The donation was made possible through the Rotary District 6380’s 100K Mask Challenge.
These masks will be used by school district personnel in a variety of capacities including quarantine containment room staff within each school, self contained classroom staff and more.
Read more about the donation and the 100K Mask Challenge on the district's website.
Watch Live Lakers Athletics Through the NFHS Network
Please see the attached flyer below for information on how to watch live action of Lakers Athletics for events in our Gymnasium and Stadium. Here is the link for our school page for the NFHS Network:
Blessings in a Backpack - Fall Update
Students eligible for the Free and Reduced Meal Program are also able to receive six non- perishable meals each weekend from the Blessings in a Backpack program at NO cost.
These bags of food will be passed out on Fridays in each child’s classroom for Preschool to grade 5 students, and in the School Office at West Bloomfield Middle School for grades 6 through 8 beginning October 9th.
Lakers on Line and West Bloomfield High School students can pick up their bags of food on Wednesdays at West Bloomfield Schools Nutrition Food Service’s Curb Side Pick Up Line at West Bloomfield High School from 6:30-7:30 am, from 11:30 am-12:30 pm and from 5:00-6:00 pm every Wednesday starting October 7th .
Contact email@example.com to sign up for this program.
WBHS Seeking Mentors for Personal Apprenticeship
West Bloomfield High School Professional Apprenticeship is seeking members of the local community to serve as mentors for students enrolled in West Bloomfield High School’s Professional Apprenticeship Course. Students will work a minimum of three hours per week without pay in exchange for the opportunity to gain further knowledge in their future career area of interest.
If you currently hold a position in the area of law, government, politics, education, business or non-profit and would be interested in serving as a mentor for our 11th and 12th grade students, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WBHS seeking Medical Mentorship participants
If you currently hold a position in any area of health care, biomedical, research or non-profit and would be interested in serving as a mentor for our 12th grade students contact Christen.email@example.com
Little Lakers Virtual Preschool
Contact Laura at 248-865-6457 for more information to register for virtual preschool!
Cultivating Mental Health in the Era of COVID-19 - Sept. 30
in the Era of COVID-19
Webinar featuring Dr. Gretchen Moran Marsh
Wednesday, September 30
- Learn the different ways the pandemic is affecting people.
- Learn about the different components of depression and anxiety.
- Learn the tips and tricks on how to persevere through this unpredictable time.
Greater West Bloomfield Historical Society - School Memories
This month they'd like to collect your School Memories! Follow the link below to submit your stories!
WB Township Library Information
September is Library Card Sign-Up Month
Make sure your kids have the most important school supply of all—a library card! Get one this
September and kick off the school year right.
Live Online Tutoring
- Brainfuse is a valuable resource for K-12 students with a West Bloomfield Library card. It connects students to live online tutors for homework help from 2-11 PM (except holidays).
- Interested in learning more? Watch this video tutorial from one of our information experts, Ms. Megan. Ms. Megan is a librarian in the youth department at the Main Library.
- Ready to get started with Brainfuse? Visit the eLibrary. A West Bloomfield Library card is required.
The West Bloomfield Township Main Library and Westacres Branch are open for Phase 2
Services available in Phase 2 include Grab & Go, Curbside, and Virtual. Please see the
Library’s website for the latest updates and temporary hours.
Grab & Go Service:
- Come into the buildings and browse circulating collections.
- Select materials to enjoy at home and pick up materials you’ve placed on hold.
- Ask for reader’s advisory or reference assistance.
- Use self-check stations to check out materials.
- Leave the building after about 45 minutes inside.
- Building occupancy is limited to 25% capacity.
- Masks are required in the buildings.
- Parking Lot Pick-Up curbside service is available at both the Main Library and Westacres Branch.
- The Main Library Drive-Up window is also open.
- Enjoy the latest eBook and eAudiobook titles
- Watch movies and TV shows
- Listen to albums and singles
- Read more than 3,600 magazines
- Keep up with news from national and international newspapers
- Use the Learning Resource Center to match what you want to learn with resources for preschool to high school students, as well as adults No other use of building spaces will be available during Phase 2.
- Study spaces and computers are not available at either building.
- Frequently touched surfaces such as toys and play equipment, vending machines and water fountains are not be available.
Renew or request a library card
Ask at the Main Library Reception desk or the Westacres Branch Circulation desk. You can also
continue to renew or request a library card on the Library’s website.
Check out our district and building calendars in order to stay up to date on all events going on in our district!